how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ibbill

join:2011-07-31
Hamilton, ON

[INTERNET] Cogeco Wireless Modem

Can I hook the cogeco wireless modem to a wireless router. I Have 5 computers and ps3 would like to split the wireless usage up between the 2 connections.

Bill

Keaters
Premium
join:2007-07-25
Chatham, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
·TekSavvy Cable

Hi ibbill, no, you cannot use both at the same time. You can put the wireless modem into bridge mode and deactivate the wireless signal and only use your own router. Just make sure to run a CAT5E cord from port 1 on the modem to the internet port on the router. I am doing that right now because the wireless on the cogeco modem sucks major monkey balls.

exseven
Premium,VIP
join:2003-05-23
L8E0G6
kudos:1

OR you could statically assign an IP to the wireless router and disable the DHCP server on it... THEN plug the modem into a LAN port and use it like an AP

ibbill

join:2011-07-31
Hamilton, ON

Re: [INTERNET] Cogeco Wireless Modem
Keaters and exseven thanks for your quick replies and help.Was just installed at my daughters house they have an autistic daughter and she is on the internet with the games and education programs all the time.

If they run into trouble with the service or problems with the new system will post back and maybe I can get some help for her how to do the couple of items you mentioned.

Thanks ever so much for your help. The one they just had installed is the ultimate 30. Hopefully for their sake it works out okay.

I guess I will never stop worrying about my kids.