All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

Cisco Kid
@bhn.net

Cisco Kid to ispalten

Anon

to ispalten

Re: [CFL] Turbo/Lightning speed upgrade in CFL???

To ispalten.......Upgrade added $5.00 more a Month to your Bill?

Going from 45+ to 60+...can you honestly say you see a difference? Seems to me once you past a certain Dn Speed it is no longer "How Fast", it more How Many can be using service at the same time and not affect speed of all users
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by Cisco Kid :

Going from 45+ to 60+...can you honestly say you see a difference? Seems to me once you past a certain Dn Speed it is no longer "How Fast", it more How Many can be using service at the same time and not affect speed of all users

Only if you are talking about browsing in which case that threshold is much lower than that. Lightning isn't intended for casual browsers and maybe a file now and again....those who benefit from Lightning already have applications or needs that will take advantage of such speeds without browser restrictions.
ispalten
join:2005-04-16
Clermont, FL

ispalten to Cisco Kid

to Cisco Kid
said by Cisco Kid :

Like Gary said, not everyone will benefit by the speed increase. Not even sure we will. We do have 2 W8 computers on with some Live Tiles active (sucking up both CPU and iNet), and 2 iPad's with an occasional Home Theater connecting. I'll watch BHN TV on the iPad often, and my wife will play on-line with the iPad and the computers usually are on too. D/L'ing files is 'iffy' as it probably depends more on the server than the connection speed. I do get down some news group headers and I noticed a 20% speed improvement there, but time wise it isn't significant. I expect the main benefit to us will be streaming and file d/l's on servers that can match the connection speed.

Cisco Kid
@bhn.net

Cisco Kid

Anon

The Upcharge was $5.00 a month from 40 to 60?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by Cisco Kid :

The Upcharge was $5.00 a month from 40 to 60?

Yes...
ispalten
join:2005-04-16
Clermont, FL

ispalten to Cisco Kid

to Cisco Kid
Click for full size
iPad3 Speed test w/BHN
Well, I *can* tell you the iPad's ARE faster updating! Significantly so.

I always had a slower speed on them (iPad 2 and 3) and I was told it was due to the antennae arrangement. I've got 2 speed test apps (yes Gary, I know, they are off the BHN grid, but one indicates it isn't?) and they would be around 12 - 15Mbps on one and less than 30Mbps on another. Well tonight my wife said to me the updates are really coming in fast. On her iPad2 I tested the speed (on 2.4Ghz wireless of course) and on one it 31Mbps and 46Mbps on the other.

Above you'll see my iPad3 test on what appears to be BHN, I never got over 30Mbps before on the app and it was not reliable, it bounced all over, now it seems solid?

So I might be seeing some surprising added speed I didn't expect? Should help the ESPN and BHN TV apps as well and HBO and MAXGO, which in the past have had pixelation or what I'd call lower resolution (especially ESPN).