join:2002-08-25
Westerville, OH

1 edit

OldEE to AlexE4

Premium Member

to AlexE4

Re: Cable Card/Adapter for Hauppauge 2650 Cable Card Receiver

Thanks for that information.

Having no luck on my first phone try today. Got through, tech said to give it a try after she took an action at her end, while I was on the phone. Unfortunately, I couldn't try at that moment.(my fault). Later and off the phone, I tried and all encrypted channels were blocked. (still). I will try by phone tomorrow when I will be able to go at it while on the phone till we get to some conclusion.
foamy909
join:2006-07-30

foamy909

It sounds like you are having the same problem I had. My Tivo with cablecard recently lost all HD channels. After four phone calls, including supervisors, a CSR was finally able to get it fixed by somehow 'balancing' the account. I don't have my notes, but I think the code they needed was 60-20 or 20-60.

Even if the HD code is listed on your account, if the account is not 'balanced', the HD channels will not be authorized on the cable card. I don't really know what 'balancing' does, but it finally fixed my problem.

I had very few issues on my Tivo prior to this, which apparently came about due to the major system switch.

Hope this helps...
Forrest

Just_Dan
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

Just_Dan to OldEE

Premium Member

to OldEE
If you can send me a private message with your account number, phone number, and the name on your account, I should be able to get this working for you. Also, please include the host ID from your cable card adapter, in case the host ID is not on file. You should be able to get that information from your PC.
OldEE
Premium Member
join:2002-08-25
Westerville, OH

OldEE

Premium Member

Thanks for your help. All works!!