uniqs
Doeboye
join:2006-11-07
Canada

2 edits

1 recommendation

Doeboye to Talesavo

to Talesavo

Re: How hard is it to switch from Tek to Start?

+1 on the patience!

I'll take a known company who I've only had generally positive dealings with, over an unknown entity (to me) every time. Based on the number of threads that pop up in ALL the forums, all ISPs can have hiccups with installs. Why risk some ridiculous screw up that interrupts my connection, for speeds that won't make an enormous difference to my life (Don't get me wrong: I WANT WANT WANT faster, I just don't NEED faster), and that I'll most likely be getting eventually anyways?

Just doesn't make good sense to me.

Not too mention, I feel they've been as transparent as they can be anytime something comes up, and have treated their customers as fair as they can, playing with the hand they've been dealt (By that I mean all the foolishness they need to deal with re: Rogers and Bell). Can't say *that* for the majority of companies out there (EDIT: I don't mean just ISPs. I mean in a more global sense).

*Senior* management taking part in an online forum, on a regular basis? C'mon. That's communication.

I'm no TSI fanboy. I just say it like I see it. They're far from perfect (I'd love to see some more spine re:Voltage... But who knows, perhaps there's legal going-ons that we are not privy too....). But, they sure are trying.

I'm going to wait and see how all these little scenarios play out. Give em time to get an answer from CRTC. Let's see how they handle the Voltage BS... And certainly don't stop giving them the gears to get those issues resolved to our satisfaction!!, but leaving at this point for another provider?? In my opinion, making a decision before you have all the information, is just plain foolish....
cmotors
join:2011-01-28

cmotors

said by Doeboye:

+1 on the patience!

I'll take a known company who I've only had generally positive dealings with, over an unknown entity (to me) every time. Based on the number of threads that pop up in ALL the forums, all ISPs can have hiccups with installs. Why risk some ridiculous screw up that interrupts my connection, for speeds that won't make an enormous difference to my life ...

+1

It's good to see competition bringing good value to the market. There's always going to be someone cheaper. If the primary concern of someone is to get that ultra deal, I wouldn't necessarily consider that a customer a company could do well to survive on in large numbers. It can be done, but there are better ways to do business. Especially when that same crowd will potentially drop you at the flip of the hat for some better deal shortly down the road. When pricing is closely matched among competitors, it becomes a matter of differentiation through other means. I personally think Teksavvy has this differentiation in spades. Do they have the speeds I crave right now? no. But they've been pretty clear about the situation, and I know they'll do whatever they can to stay competitive, so it's worth waiting for.
Talesavo
join:2011-01-07
London, ON

Talesavo to Doeboye

to Doeboye
said by Doeboye:

+1 on the patience!

I'll take a known company who I've only had generally positive dealings with, over an unknown entity (to me) every time. Based on the number of threads that pop up in ALL the forums, all ISPs can have hiccups with installs. Why risk some ridiculous screw up that interrupts my connection, for speeds that won't make an enormous difference to my life (Don't get me wrong: I WANT WANT WANT faster, I just don't NEED faster), and that I'll most likely be getting eventually anyways?

Just doesn't make good sense to me.

Not too mention, I feel they've been as transparent as they can be anytime something comes up, and have treated their customers as fair as they can, playing with the hand they've been dealt (By that I mean all the foolishness they need to deal with re: Rogers and Bell). Can't say *that* for the majority of companies out there (EDIT: I don't mean just ISPs. I mean in a more global sense).

*Senior* management taking part in an online forum, on a regular basis? C'mon. That's communication.

Funny that you should say that, since I had those problems when switching from Rogers to Tek. Sorry, Tek is behind the curve and there are better options out there, if I used your mindset, I'd still be on Rogers. If Tek has appealing offers, then I'll reconsider when those come up; I've already set the date for cancellation so unto a brave new world.
34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned)

said by Talesavo:

Sorry, Tek is behind the curve and there are better options out there

Maybe for you. For me the "better options" are behind the curve.
Doeboye
join:2006-11-07
Canada

Doeboye to Talesavo

to Talesavo
said by Talesavo:

Funny that you should say that, since I had those problems when switching from Rogers to Tek. Sorry, Tek is behind the curve and there are better options out there, if I used your mindset, I'd still be on Rogers. If Tek has appealing offers, then I'll reconsider when those come up; I've already set the date for cancellation so unto a brave new world.

Exactly. No ISP is immune to potential issues when making a transfer, TSI included. My point is that as the connection I have with TSI is stable and the service they provide is good, switching for something that is a WANT, not a NEED seems foolish to me.

If I was getting crappy service and/or connection, and the problem was not getting resolved, leaving an ISP for a competitor makes perfect sense, TSI, Rogers, Bell whoever.... Using my mindset, you would only still be on Rogers if you were satisfied with the service you were getting from them...

That said, everyone is different. For some people, a faster upload and download are a NEED. For me, not so much. I'd love to have it, but don't require it to be satisfied with my ISP (NOTE: I'm on 28/1. If I was on some pitiful 5/800KB connection, I would not be satisfied, and a change would definitely be happening ).

So, in conclusion, for me:

Stable connection, decent speed, good service > unknown connection, higher speed, unknown service.

PS: Good luck at Start. Be sure to report back on your experience so more of us can make an informed decision if the time comes for us to switch to someone else!

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx to 34764170

Premium Member

to 34764170
said by 34764170:

said by Talesavo:

Sorry, Tek is behind the curve and there are better options out there

Maybe for you. For me the "better options" are behind the curve.

Why do you always argue the opposite with everyone. Someone is happy you will say you're unhappy. Someone says up you argue down. Someone says you can live without dying on a 5meg you argue not you.

Explains a lot.
34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

2 edits

34764170 (banned)

said by Tx:

Why do you always argue the opposite with everyone. Someone is happy you will say you're unhappy. Someone says up you argue down. Someone says you can live without dying on a 5meg you argue not you.

Explains a lot.

It's called devils advocate. I'm not saying they're wrong but there is more than one perspective to a lot of situations.