spc
Search similar:

uniqs
RKhoury
join:2008-10-22
Lawrence, KS

RKhoury

New Netflix SHD & 3D feed.

Would suspect this question is more for Dan, however if anyone else knows I'm sure all of us would appreciate any details.

Anyway the question is will WOW and more importantly those of us that were recently purchased by WOW, which in my case Knology/Sunflower, have access any time soon to the new and upgraded Netflix stream that is being rolled out.

'http://www.avsforum.com/t/1451419/netflix-launches-3d-and-superhd-through-specific-isps'
pargoff
join:2006-07-05
Canton, MI

pargoff

Knowing the history of WoW, I wouldn't hold your breath. We can't even get NFL network.

Ndndj
@wideopenwest.com

Ndndj

Anon

Site tells me my my ISP Is part of 8. I assume once you get fully incorporated by wow it will happen. I don't subscribe, but I will be come February for house of cards, so I can't verify now if it actually work. Although I thought Netflix already did 1080p, so is this just less compressed? I have had Netflix in the last and never had picture quality issues.

Try it
@wideopenwest.com

Try it to pargoff

Anon

to pargoff
I believe it is compatible already, at least the test passes for me:
»signup.netflix.com/superhd
clocks11
join:2002-05-06

clocks11

"Your Internet Provider is ready for Super HD!"

How can I test this?

AlexE4
join:2006-12-16
Chicago, IL

AlexE4

I can confirm this works with WOW. Running win8 using the Netflix app (not through browser), many shows/movies now show and play in "SuperHD". Specifically I was watching Lost last night.. which was in SuperHD if anyone's looking for an exact title to test with.

Mcmf
@wideopenwest.com

Mcmf

Anon

Does it look a lot better. I thought they already did 1080, so I am just confused as to what this super HD really means.
Body Count
join:2010-09-11
Columbus, OH
Netgear CM1000
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter ER-4
Ubiquiti U6-Pro

Body Count to RKhoury

to RKhoury

This is HD

This is Super HD
quote:
Does it look a lot better. I thought they already did 1080, so I am just confused as to what this super HD really means.

AlexE4
join:2006-12-16
Chicago, IL

AlexE4 to Mcmf

to Mcmf
It's a higher quality 1080p stream from what I've read... my guess different encoding, higher bitrate, etc? I'm not exactly sure of the technical details behind it and I'm having a hard time finding anything telling me the actual difference.

Just_Dan
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

Just_Dan

Premium Member

Yes, we are partnered with Netflix with this it would seem (I wasn't even aware of that until now). As far as RKhoury's question goes, I'm not sure if/when the Knology markets will be getting the netflix caching servers. If I hear anything about that I will update you.
RKhoury
join:2008-10-22
Lawrence, KS

RKhoury

Well I'll be darn.

The Super HD & 3D feed showed up in the Knology/Sunflower Lawrence, Kansas feed this evening.

The SHD does look somewhat better, however the 3D feed is apparently not able to be processed by our Panasonic 220 player....or maybe it isn't fully in place as yet.

In any event it is nice perk and makes the Amazon feed all that much worse as it has not worked reliably for about 6 months.

Bob
clocks11
join:2002-05-06

clocks11 to RKhoury

to RKhoury
Using a Roku 2 XS, I have not noticed any differences.
Body Count
join:2010-09-11
Columbus, OH
Netgear CM1000
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter ER-4
Ubiquiti U6-Pro

Body Count to RKhoury

to RKhoury
I have one of the first gen roku's so max for me is only 720p. That's enough detail for my standards. If I want more I just get a blu-ray of the movie.

But I dropped netflix streaming a long time ago due to the movies on their are crap. Hopefully the Redbox-Verizon streaming service coming out will be better. At least it's cheaper.