Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..
reply to rocca

Re: Start Communications - New Packages

said by rocca:

While there is a significant difference between wireless networks (which the article references) and wired networks, I agree there is certainly no 'shortage of capacity', but that said capacity definitely does have a real cost. The problem (and reason we had to lower our caps) is because the regulated price that we are forced to pay for capacity is exorbitant and doesn't reflect the actual underlying cost of providing that capacity. With our original caps we had only expected we'd have to eat those unsustainable capacity rates for a short period of time, but 10 months later we're still waiting for a decision. Once the capacity rate issue is fixed then we can re-evaluate the packages we're able to provide, their caps and pricing.

I have a sneaking suspicion that a) we're going to get a decision shortly, and b) it will not be to your liking.

I still think there is an uphill battle going on here, with a good bit of time before that hill levels off into something akin to a playing field.

At least another year of these obscene rates... I could be wrong.

Mike
--
Cogeco - The New UBB Devil -»[Burloak] Usage Based Billing Nightmare
Cogeco UBB, No Modem Required - »[Niagara] 40gb of "usage" while the modem is unplugged