·DIRECTV
·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice

1 edit
reply to Tech007

Re: AT&T no show once again.....

said by Tech007:

My curiosity is peaked now, you should have had a 9-digit ban number. any idea if you have this?

he does, I already got it and sent it on already. from my contacts this was installed yesterday so it should be up and running from what I got back.

UverseTech

join:2012-08-04
reply to rayge

Those optical splitters are al over the Texas area, Dallas, Houston and especialy in San Antonio, this smells of pure crap. They could have had a splitter shipped in a couple days at most.

AngryDallas

join:2010-12-06
Dallas, TX
reply to rayge

Did AT&T finally get your service on?

hitechrednek
Premium
join:2003-11-03
Marshall, TX
reply to cramer

Good luck sendin' AT&T a bill for our lost time.

rayge

join:2002-12-11
Byron Center, MI
reply to rayge

I received a phone call from our local uverse manager today. On a Sunday. He said he found a splitter in Detroit and actually drove over there himself and picked it up! He says that it will be installed tomorrow! So our hopes are high that this will be resolved soon on behalf of the local uverse team.

Paralel

join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US
kudos:4
reply to rayge

Ah, that you are FTTP makes this whole situation much more comprehensible. They need an optical splitter. Those are expensive and difficult to source parts for ATT since they have so few FTTP customers. I honestly believe they don't have any in-state, they may even have to look for one in an entirely different operating region. It's no wonder you'd had so much trouble. If you were copper they would have been able to have you up and running in no time flat.

rayge

Byron Center, MI
reply to rayge

Update: the installation did not happen. A splitter needs to be installed in the " facilities" to accommodate our address. Apparently the part is on back order. AT&T has no idea when they will get it and when we will get service. That is what a tier 2 tech told me yesterday. The local uverse manager said that they are trying to source one from another state. My area is fiber to the house so I don't know if that makes this part hard to get or what. I would go and get direct tv but that would only really solve our tv problem.

DataRiker
Premium
join:2002-05-19
reply to rayge

I wasn't aware ATT used subcontractors for installers. What area have you seen that in?

maartena
Elmo
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA
kudos:2
reply to rayge

said by rayge:

We were told after this last no show that they have to repair something in the facilities that service our area to accomodate us? They are waiting on parts? So take that for what its worth. I kind of find this hard to believe with a company the size of ATT having to wait on parts to fix something.

It has most likely to do with the way they operate. They don't always use their own employees as installers. In many areas they use a local contractor that slaps a magnet AT&T logo on the side of his van, and is a "approved installer". If you do have a actual AT&T employee, it could also be that they simply don't have every part in stock and there isn't a AT&T warehouse nearby.

These installers usually don't own a warehouse that contains every part known to be used in AT&T telecommunication installs, nor would it be very efficient for AT&T to send out parts to all sub-contractors only to be sitting on a shelf for 2 years because the part is not needed, and subsequently being phased out. What a waste of money that would be.

In more rural areas or smaller towns AT&T employees often don't even have an office to go to, besides maybe a local AT&T store or a local CO where they can store a minimal amount of parts. The parts come from several large warehouses across the country with AT&T sending them parts on a as-needed basis. They need a part, they call AT&T and they will send it to them. Depending on the urgency (e.g. a major outage) it could be there in hours, but for a single customer it could take a few weeks.
--
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

rayge

Byron Center, MI
reply to rayge

My latest update was based off of an email I recieved last night from a Uverse Social Media Manager from the social media team who is keeping an eye on the situation for me. He said:

I checked on the status of the order and the ticket is still being worked on. It is not escalted to an area manager. The new ETA has been changed to 2/13. I am really sorry about this delay. I will check up again on 2/13 unless I hear something sooner.

Got in contact with Tier 2 tech today and they said it is showing as resolved and that he could schedule us for an install this Saturday which would be awesome! I will let you all know if it actually happens or not hehe.

Paralel

join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US
kudos:4
reply to rayge

If so many houses are going up it sounds like they just need to add another VRAD to that area.

rayge

Byron Center, MI
reply to rayge

Here is an update to the situation. Apparently the facilities need a splitter installed to accomodate our address. It didnt get flagged until our order came up and made them aware of the issue. It was supposed to be fixed on Jan. 17. I guess that is why our install was pushed back to Jan. 31. But anyways, I did get contacted by a Uverse manager in my area who said it will get fixed on the 31st. He said it is a simple task just need to get the part in hand and have somebody go out and add it. Well, it got pushed back to Feb. 5 and now the 13th. So either they cant get the splitter or they cant get somebody to go install it. Going to start checking into Direct TV since we cant get cable. This really sucks. What also sucks for AT&T is that there are a lot of houses going up in our neighborhood so they will be in the same situation as us. Maybe AT&T will finally get around to doing this when they start getting phone calls from other potential customers.

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL
kudos:100
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice

1 edit
reply to rayge

For all interested- I sent rayge See Profile 's info to my contacts as of prior message left. They should be in touch soon. I already have received one internal reply as of this posting.

DataRiker
Premium
join:2002-05-19
reply to rayge

You should probably get familiar with the automated phone help system now so you are ready to use it when you get service.

My guess is the techs are returning the job for whatever reason. That usually just gets the customer in some kind of ATT feedback loop black hole.

Msradell
P.E.
Premium
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY
reply to rayge

Here are some phone numbers, you may want to try: 866-329-2662, which is the tier 2 technicians who can normally help; 800-928-6878 customer retention, who would obviously like to help get new customers and 888-485-3310, which is the actual technician dispatch phone number.

Tech007
Premium
join:2013-01-25
Belleville, IL
reply to cramer

My curiosity is peaked now, you should have had a 9-digit ban number. any idea if you have this?

cramer
Premium
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
kudos:8
reply to rayge

Send 'em a bill for all the no-shows. If you don't show, they'll sure as hell bill you.

rayge

Byron Center, MI
reply to rayge

Comcast is in our area but does not service our neighborhood.

We stopped at an AT&T store today and asked about what is going on and he checked and said basically we are green for service and said we are basically falling into limbo in their system and our order needs engineering tech to review and push it out. After this last no show we called and she checked with the local install techs to see what is going on and they basically said that they had no record of our install order.

UverseTech

Reviews:
·Charter
reply to rayge

If your neighborhood is full and your neighbors have it then my assumption is likely.

Waiting on what parts? Thats like the ad stating more speed options for their internet service, total BS.

Unless you are a fiber neighborhood and they ran out of the GPON units like in San Antonio this past summer, which pushed out installs for 3-4 weeks, they have plenty of parts. Sorry but that excuse is so bad that is not even funny.

zed260
Premium
join:2011-11-11
Cleveland, TN
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to rayge

said by rayge:

Yes, it is a brand new house in a neighborhood that is full of houses that have Uverse already. Unfortunately, we are forced to use Uverse because that is what the neighborhood is set up for currently. I went and purchased a wireless home phone from att so we can at least have our home phone. Otherwise, no tv or internet with kids during the winter kind of sucks hehe. Lots of games and movie watching.

We were told after this last no show that they have to repair something in the facilities that service our area to accomodate us? They are waiting on parts? So take that for what its worth. I kind of find this hard to believe with a company the size of ATT having to wait on parts to fix something.

you dont have any cable companys in your area

rayge

Byron Center, MI
reply to rayge

Yes, it is a brand new house in a neighborhood that is full of houses that have Uverse already. Unfortunately, we are forced to use Uverse because that is what the neighborhood is set up for currently. I went and purchased a wireless home phone from att so we can at least have our home phone. Otherwise, no tv or internet with kids during the winter kind of sucks hehe. Lots of games and movie watching.

ILpt4U
Premium
join:2006-11-12
Lisle, IL
kudos:9
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to Canezoid

I second the notion of an »AT&T Direct forum post, or get in contact with the AT&T Social Media support team by shooting off an email to uversecare@att.com

Either way, the post/email will need your account number, home address, a good contact number + email, a link to this thread, and any more information that can be given (scheduled dates, missed dates, and install/repair ticket numbers you have, if any, etc)

Out of curiosity, is this a brand new construction house?

Canezoid
End of line

join:2001-02-16
Powder Springs, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to rayge

Or,

maybe there was a "mis-qualification" issue in the system, some kind of problem w/ Plant assignments, who knows. Order dispatch dates just don't get pushed out like that.

Best to post your question/issue in the direct forum.

Just my 2c.

UverseTech

Reviews:
·Charter
reply to rayge

Quite possibly they are shorthanded and they cannot retain them due to the unrealistic efficiency metric system in place. Never worked north, but if its like the midwest or south many techs just get pushed out over efficiency and therefore are shorthanded.

rayge

Byron Center, MI

We recently bought a new house in the Grand Rapids, Michigan area. Scheduled an install date around the beginning of this month and nobody showed up. I called and was told it was pushed back till Jan. 26! My wife wasn't happy about it and called and got an appointment scheduled last Tuesday afternoon. So I took a half day off for the appointment. Once again, nobody showed up and no phone call. So I called and was told it was pushed back till the 31st this time! So we called again and discussed what is going on with customer service and so they set up another appointment for today. Once again, a no show. Called and they said it was pushed back to the 31st. Why does it keep getting pushed back when we can supposedly get an earlier install date?