spc
Search similar:

uniqs
richkut
join:2012-02-10
Cleveland, OH

richkut

Nero Media Home 4 DLNA Server

Has anyone tried Nero Media Home 4, which is listed as a DLNA Server? This currently is being bundled as a free application when upgrading to Nero Burning ROM 12 software. Not that I would purchase NERO BR12 just to get Media Home 4, but I was just curious before I spend the time to set it up if anyone else has successfully used it yet. PlayOn DLNA server (Free) still works well (e.g. picture quality), but the transport controls via Homeconnect don't work very well (or should I say lack of control). I can play and stop the media, but that's about it. I wonder if Nero's version allows any more control??!!

Jinxing
@wideopenwest.com

Jinxing

Anon

I would never pay for dlna software, there is a ton of free ones. Tversity and orb come to mind.
bsipe9
join:2007-03-24
Berea, OH

bsipe9

Tversity, at least in it's current incarnations, is no longer free. Of course, you can find version 1.9.7 (the last free revision) on various hosting sites.

As for Orb Caster, I'm new to it but at least so far in my limited tests it transcodes everything into 480i which makes it worthless to me.

C1K
@comcast.net

C1K to richkut

Anon

to richkut
Try SERVIIO
richkut
join:2012-02-10
Cleveland, OH

richkut

Please note that I said Nero Media Home 4 is FREE!! I am purchasing Nero Burning ROM 12, and THEY ARE THROWING IN MEDIA HOME 4 GRATIS!! I merely am asking if anyone who already owns Media Home 4 has tried it and if it works. Now that I have clarified this of ANY misunderstanding, is anyone in this position, please?