stvnbrs

Premium Member

[D3] Jay Wilson Quitting D3!!

»www.diablofans.com/blizz ··· -wilson/

Phantasee
join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA

Phantasee

Never heard of him. And Torchlight 2 is better. Carry on.
InB4Crickets
InB4Inb4
InB4L2Google
Phantasee

Phantasee to stvnbrs

to stvnbrs
Ok. Googled him. He's probably playing Torchlight 2.

TheThing
join:2012-08-10

TheThing to stvnbrs

to stvnbrs
can't read the article... websense

but im sure he was asked to leave, and then he was allowed to "voluntarily leave"

David Brevik should send him a Brett Favre type picture message

HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?

Phantasee
Hammond, LA

Phantasee to stvnbrs

to stvnbrs
Is that the guy we blame for D3 sucking?
Phantasee

Phantasee to stvnbrs

to stvnbrs
»memegenerator.net/Jay-Wi ··· Diablo-3

Lmao

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to stvnbrs

Premium Member

to stvnbrs
"Fuck that loser"

Sad words that will go with him.

TheThing

TheThing to Phantasee

to Phantasee
I think he is/was the lead on Diablo 3

Also, if I recall correctly he called David Brevik a fucking loser on facebook or something

Diablo 3 lead, calling Diablo godfather a fucking loser

a real class act Jay
TheThing

TheThing to stvnbrs

to stvnbrs
FYI... Marvel Heroes will NOT have a RMAH

Phantasee
Hammond, LA

Phantasee to TheThing

to TheThing
said by TheThing:

I think he is/was the lead on Diablo 3

Also, if I recall correctly he called David Brevik a fucking loser on facebook or something

Diablo 3 lead, calling Diablo godfather a fucking loser

a real class act Jay

Yea, Found the Facebook item. What a douche.

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM to stvnbrs

Premium Member

to stvnbrs
Sounds like a football player?

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord to stvnbrs

to stvnbrs
This guy is both ugly and incompetent.

He must have a wonderful mouth to have it made this far.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to stvnbrs

Premium Member

to stvnbrs
who?

TheThing

TheThing to stvnbrs

to stvnbrs
Mark Kern (of Firefall) stuck up for David Brevik(of Marvel Heroes) during all of this and told off Jay Wilson.

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

who?

Jay Wilson, the guy this thread is about?

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM to stvnbrs

Premium Member

to stvnbrs
The following message has just been posted by Jay Wilson:

Hey everyone,
I wanted all of you to be some of the first to know that I've made an important decision about my future, and how that decision will affect the future of Diablo.

I recently celebrated my seven-year anniversary working on Diablo III, and while its been one of the most challenging and rewarding periods of my life, I've reached a point creatively where I'm looking forward to working on something new. The powers that be at Blizzard have been gracious enough to give me that opportunity. Over the course of the next several weeks, I will be moving off of the Diablo III project and transitioning elsewhere within Blizzard. This decision was not an easy one for me, and not one I made quickly, but ultimately its what I feel is right.

The first thing I want to assure you all is that this will not negatively impact our ongoing support of Diablo III. The game was not made by one person, far from it, and the team that poured their passion and considerable talent into it isnt going anywhere. We have lots of things planned for the future, and those plans will carry forward as normal. I also won't be abandoning the team, and will remain available to them during the transition period while we determine who will take over duties as game director.

To that point, you shouldn't be surprised if you see a job posting for a game director on Diablo III, as we want to make sure we explore every opportunity to find the best possible leadership for the project. Were looking forward to finding this person and hearing what kind of fresh ideas they can bring to the table.

I'm proud of Diablo III, and despite our differences at times I will miss the community that has formed around it. I feel I have made many mistakes in managing that relationship, but my intent was always to provide a great gaming experience, and be as open and receptive as possible, while still sticking true to the vision the Diablo team has for the game.

I know some of you feel we fell short of our promise to release the game when its ready. While we're not perfect, we try to make the best decisions we can with the information and knowledge we have at the time. That doesn't mean we always make the right decisions, but if we made a mistake then I feel we've made an exceptional effort to correct it.

This is what you can always count on from Blizzard: that we will stand by our games and make every effort to continually improve them over time. We heard the feedback and suggestions from the community. For example, we agreed that Diablo III's itemization at launch was not good enough, so the team made numerous changes, including changing drop rates, re-tuning legendaries, and adding scores of new items to the game. We also agreed that the end game needed more depth, so the team added new events, and new systems like Monster Power and Paragon levels.

Our commitment to making our games as good as they can be is what has always defined Blizzard as a game studio, and that commitment never ends for us at a ship date. With your help, we'll continue to play, debate, and improve Diablo III, as we've done with every Blizzard game.

To that end, patch 1.0.7 is underway, the PTR is live, and there are many other great things brewing for Diablo in 2013. Im leaving Diablo III in good hands, and my departure will not jeopardize the progress of the game as we continue to do what we do: listen, play, and improve.

You are the most passionate, dedicated group of gamers a designer could hope to have. I wish you all the best, and want to thank you for making this an amazing experience for me. Keep your axes sharp, your spell books handy, and that crafty devil in check.
--Jay

from article for those who were curious.
Shatter13
join:2006-07-24
Waterford, MI

Shatter13 to stvnbrs

to stvnbrs
Hope they move him to cleaning toilets

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM to stvnbrs

Premium Member

to stvnbrs
Did it really take them 7 years to develop D3? They could have done it in 7 months from what I played.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

I did not see Diablo 3 as "bad"; just not nearly as good as Diablo 2. Blizz put in some neat ideas to help streamline the game and make the game more approachable for new players. However, the fan base that was already established felt snubbed by the lack of Diablo 2 "feel" that the streamlining of the game left behind.

AKA Diablo 3 was not that bad. Jeez.

TheThing

TheThing to stvnbrs

to stvnbrs
my first impressions for Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 were one and the same:

This is it? really? No innovation? After all that waiting?

Diablo 3 isn't "bad", but it sure as hell isn't "good" either

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

You can't put SC2 and D3 on the same level. D3 is a piece of crap while SC2 still is played by many users around to world with plenty of tournaments specially in korea, both the single player and multiplayer are really good.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Agreed. I get the feeling that Blizzard took the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" approach to SC2--add some new units and a new engine, but absolutely nothing was wrong with SC1 or BW's gameplay, so why substantially change it?

I bet if they did the same to D3 (make it a more modern D1/D2 with better graphics), D3 wouldn't have been the flopfest that it was.

TheThing

TheThing to stvnbrs

to stvnbrs
yeah, SC2 is more of a re-skin of SC1 than anything else (new units, blah blah... new micro management I know I know but... not real innovation)

which by default makes it better than D3

I think people were looking for a re-skin of Diablo 2 and got Jay Wilson's aborton instead

if Diablo 3 was more like what Marvel Heroes is going to be, it would of been beast

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

SC2 made a lot of quality of life improvements for new players like auto mine and better tools for caster units while keeping its hardcore aspect like micro, macro and map awareness for the pro players so it is "easier" for people to get into it and in time get better and keeps the veteran players at the top levels with no issues really. On the singleplayer side i like the way they are continuing the story from BW and the way they are making the expansions focused on each race like in the past.

That is where D3 and Jay Wilson failed, they took almost everything that made D1 and D2 fun and hardcore and made a Disney version with almost no story and lame ass mob packs.

TheThing

TheThing to stvnbrs

to stvnbrs
what's funny is that when SC2 came out, I played the shit out of it, but it didn't hold the long term addicted appeal to me that SC1 did.

now looking back, the funny thing is... when I think of Zealot, Dragoon, Carrier, Arbiter, Hydra, Overlord, Archon

ALL I HEAR IN MY BRAIN IS THE SC1 sounds can't even remember what SC2 sounds like...

SC1 Zealot: "MY LIFE FOR AIUR!"

hardcore, brutal, and edgy

F-in awesome... college roommate was like... WTF are you playing!

SC1 Archon: "OBLITERATE... ANNIHILATE... DESTROY"

SC1 still better imo in the end

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

The sad part is that I believe Jay Wilson worked on SC before going to D3 so I don't know what happened there.

TheThing

TheThing to stvnbrs

to stvnbrs
interesting article as well:

»www.forbes.com/sites/ins ··· s-rises/

LoL also killed SC2 for me... it's sad

gaming is evolving.. innovating

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

LoL and SC2 are two completely different beasts, LoL has grown exponentially thanks to the F2P model.

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM to TheThing

Premium Member

to TheThing
MY LIFE FOR AAIUUURRRRRR!!! Protoss!!!!

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

1 edit

Jobbie to TheThing

Premium Member

to TheThing
Click for full size
Click for full size
IEM right now, for both SC2 and LoL I think both are doing pretty well.

Upper picture is SC2 side
Lower picture is LoL side.