Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

newsmark

join:2009-04-07
Irving, TX
reply to PamelaTS

Re: [TWC] Dallas/Ft Worth Metro Vol II -- Time Warner

Thanks, MeinDallas and PamelaTS. I'm going to put some more thought into this before I make a change.

It seems the bigger problem is with Time Warner. Their equipment sucks, but their system doesn't play well with others.

I ran into the same sort of problem in the pre-HD days.

MeInDallas

join:2001-08-17
Dallas, TX
said by newsmark:

Thanks, MeinDallas and PamelaTS. I'm going to put some more thought into this before I make a change.

It seems the bigger problem is with Time Warner. Their equipment sucks, but their system doesn't play well with others.

I ran into the same sort of problem in the pre-HD days.

Have you tried one of these DCX3510M models yet? They are a bit hard to find, but I know the office over here in Mesquite on Gross Road has a huge stack of them. The main office over on Chenault off Buckner Blvd has them in the back, but you have to ask them to go get you one, and if you get one of the nicer ladies they will go do it. I've got 2 of them now and they run much better than the older models. It's a lot smaller as well, and has an external power supply like a laptop, and also has a 500GB hard drive. It has 640MB of memory as well which surprised me. I think they run a lot better, and I've used every model Time Warner has out there now. You might get lucky and get a new one. When I picked these up they hadnt been used before. Thats one thing I never understood about TWC. They always keep the good new stuff on the side and keep handing out the old boxes unless you ask for one of the new ones.