Stem Bolt
Aka Smiling Bob
Premium
join:2002-11-08
Cleveland, OH
kudos:2

'Do No Harm' - First episode available on NBC website

Just a FYI,

The first episode of the new show 'Do no Harm' is available on the NBC website. The first episode is also available via usenet and torrent. It begins airing on Thursday, January 31 10/9c.

»www.nbc.com/do-no-harm/

quote:
Dr. Jason Cole (Steven Pasquale, "Rescue Me") is a highly respected neurosurgeon who has it all - a lucrative career, confident charm and the gift of compassion. But he also has a deep, dark secret. One morning, after waking up disoriented in a wrecked hotel room amidst near-naked women he's never seen before, he knows one thing: it happened again. Every night at the same hour, something inside Jason changes, leaving him almost unrecognizable - seductive, devious, borderline sociopathic. This new man is his dangerous alternate personality, who goes by the name Ian Price. For years Jason has battled Ian, keeping him in check with a powerful experimental sedative. But now his - their - body has developed a resistance to the serum, setting Ian free once again. And to make matters worse, after being suppressed for so long, Ian is hell-bent on taking revenge on his oppressor. With everyone Jason cares about at risk - patients, friends, coworkers and even the woman he loves - he must stop…

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1

Sounds interesting.

I am also interested in TBS Monday Mornings show.

Granted it's not scifi.

Though, IMO, the best modern retelling of Jekyll and Hyde was Jekyll with James Nesbitt. I wish they had done a second season, because the first ended with a good cliff hanger.

Stem Bolt
Aka Smiling Bob
Premium
join:2002-11-08
Cleveland, OH

said by Snakeoil:

Though, IMO, the best modern retelling of Jekyll and Hyde was Jekyll with James Nesbitt. I wish they had done a second season, because the first ended with a good cliff hanger.

Yes, I totally agree with you. Nesbitt's acting was amazing.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Stem Bolt

Hmmmm.... Sound interesting.

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH
reply to Stem Bolt

I caught the first episode last night. It looked ok, kinda interesting. But I kept thinking I have seen this before, as I can recall parts of the James Nesbitt series on the BBC called Jekyll.

Still, I'll keep watching it, to see how it unfolds.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY

Reminds me of that TV show, My Own Worst Enemy.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
reply to Snakeoil

said by Snakeoil:

Sounds interesting.

I am also interested in TBS Monday Mornings show.

Granted it's not scifi.

Absolutely, Jekyll, was fantastic, no makeup, no sfx, just an astounding actor,who could change who he was simply through body language and facial contortions.

But again, that's Britain, they go for the subtlety, while America goes for the blow'em up real good, and scare the Shit out of them...
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
kudos:4
reply to Stem Bolt

Worst rating for a premier. Not even going to bother watching since it'll be canceled asap.
--
I found the key to success but somebody changed the lock.

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH

1 recommendation

said by Alcohol:

Worst rating for a premier. Not even going to bother watching since it'll be canceled asap.

As they had the pilot posted a couple of weeks before it actually aired, I wonder if that had hurt it's numbers?

There doesn't seem to be anything new on, as it appears sports is yet again ruling the networks [yuck], or they [the networks] are spacing the shows out for the "sweeps" spots.
Febuary has a sweep week or two, as does March. Though I think "sweeps" is an old idea that needs to go, in the age of the internet and streaming services.
I want my series without long breaks between the air dates. I can understand a week, but 1 to 3 months [other than the summer break], forget it.
Hence why, I prefer Netflix, or even the free version of Hulu. Wait long enough and I can watch the series from start to finish with no breaks.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

Alcohol
Premium
Climax, MI
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Stem Bolt

I changed my mind and decided to watch.

Why doesn't the guy just lock himself in a room and have that doctor open the door in the morning? Or handcuff yourself to a bed.
--
I found the key to success but somebody changed the lock.

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH

said by Alcohol:

I changed my mind and decided to watch.

Why doesn't the guy just lock himself in a room and have that doctor open the door in the morning? Or handcuff yourself to a bed.

Then they wouldn't have much of a show

In the BBC Jekyll, I think that is how the series started out. He had an assistant that he would give all his items to, Hyde had his own stuff in the room. He would then enter the room and the assistant would lock him in. She wasn't supposed to assist Hyde in any manner, but you know how things that that tend to go on these types of shows.

Jekyll is well worth the effort to find it and watch. I'm stunned that they only had 1 season or series as the brits say.
--

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Alpha Phoenix

said by Alpha Phoenix:

Reminds me of that TV show, My Own Worst Enemy.

The premise reminds me of My Own Worst Enemy, but I thought that was a very good show, whereas I think Do No Harm started off pretty weak.

Christian Slater vs. whoever this guy is.
Super spy vs. doctor.
Spontaneous transformations vs. scheduled transformations.
etc.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY

Changed my mind and decided not to watch it. Really didn't capture me that seriously to begin with, and as time passed, my minor interest faded.

Alcohol
Premium
Climax, MI
reply to Stem Bolt

Canceled. Not surprising.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

said by Alcohol:

Canceled. Not surprising.

2 episodes... Wow next to that hot chick lawyer show on fox years ago this has to be a record.

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Stem Bolt

Crazy to see it cancelled after just two episodes. Here's a link for those interested. It just reaffirms my belief in not starting a series until it hits season 3.

»www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f···m-417513
--
Add a signature here

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium
Fresh Meadows, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Stem Bolt

Off Topic: I didn't realize Awake was cancelled too. I thought that looked interested but held off given the common longevity of TV shows in this day and age.
--
Add a signature here

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH

Awake was interesting, but it should have been a mini-series, or just 10 to 13 episodes in length.

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium
Fresh Meadows, NY
reply to Stem Bolt

How did it end? Was the dilemma between asleep and awake revealed? You can PM me if its better.
--
Add a signature here

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH

said by PhoenixDown:

How did it end? Was the dilemma between asleep and awake revealed? You can PM me if its better.

I don't know how it ended, because they moved the show time around and I had deleted the timer.
--

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Snakeoil

said by Snakeoil:

Awake was interesting, but it should have been a mini-series, or just 10 to 13 episodes in length.

I totally agree. Networks should look at adopting the 6 to 8 episode series which they have in the UK. Once they know the series is a hit, then just order another series.

I think that ABC Family is kind of doing this with their shows.
--
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Sir Winston Churchill

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH

1 recommendation

I know that is what USa, SyFy, TNT/TBS, FX does. The main networks should catch on, especially with all the damn empty weeks they have between episodes. It's like one season is actually 2, maybe 3, "series". Thanks to all the breaks and the length of them.

Why the hell is Grimm coming back in March? It should be back now.
--

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

1 recommendation

reply to PhoenixDown

If you're asking about Awake, it was not revealed which reality was the "real" one.
It went in a whole different direction.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS
reply to Snakeoil

said by Snakeoil:

I know that is what USa, SyFy, TNT/TBS, FX does.

Pretty sure most series from those networks get a 13-22 episode order at a time (full seasons), so no, that's not how those networks do it. The fact that they air a single season over two different "time periods" (long break in the middle) is a different matter.
--
♬ Dragon of good fortune struggles with the trickster Fox ♬

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH

It's how they run them that gives the appearance of a smaller run.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS

Agreed. But previously you posted an agreement to this:

Networks should look at adopting the 6 to 8 episode series which they have in the UK. Once they know the series is a hit, then just order another series.

My point is that's NOT what's happening on the networks you cited in your post.
--

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH

From my point of view, that is how it seems. That the networks I listed run just a few episodes of a show and call it a season.

All I know is I'm pissed at USa for taking such long breaks between runs of Psych.
--

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS

said by Snakeoil:

From my point of view, that is how it seems. That the networks I listed run just a few episodes of a show and call it a season.

No, they run 13 episodes over a two different periods and call that a season. Really.

And in any case, you responded to a post about the number of episodes ORDERED for production (e.g. 6 like in the UK) and claimed that some US networks do the same. And that's just not the case, regardless of what it SEEMS like to you.
--