Premium Member
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX

juilinsandar to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil

Re: 'Do No Harm' - First episode available on NBC website

said by Snakeoil:

Awake was interesting, but it should have been a mini-series, or just 10 to 13 episodes in length.

I totally agree. Networks should look at adopting the 6 to 8 episode series which they have in the UK. Once they know the series is a hit, then just order another series.

I think that ABC Family is kind of doing this with their shows.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

1 recommendation

Snakeoil

Premium Member

I know that is what USa, SyFy, TNT/TBS, FX does. The main networks should catch on, especially with all the damn empty weeks they have between episodes. It's like one season is actually 2, maybe 3, "series". Thanks to all the breaks and the length of them.

Why the hell is Grimm coming back in March? It should be back now.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

1 recommendation

Rook008 to PhoenixDown

Premium Member

to PhoenixDown
If you're asking about Awake, it was not revealed which reality was the "real" one.
It went in a whole different direction.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

I know that is what USa, SyFy, TNT/TBS, FX does.

Pretty sure most series from those networks get a 13-22 episode order at a time (full seasons), so no, that's not how those networks do it. The fact that they air a single season over two different "time periods" (long break in the middle) is a different matter.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

It's how they run them that gives the appearance of a smaller run.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

Agreed. But previously you posted an agreement to this:

Networks should look at adopting the 6 to 8 episode series which they have in the UK. Once they know the series is a hit, then just order another series.

My point is that's NOT what's happening on the networks you cited in your post.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

From my point of view, that is how it seems. That the networks I listed run just a few episodes of a show and call it a season.

All I know is I'm pissed at USa for taking such long breaks between runs of Psych.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

said by Snakeoil:

From my point of view, that is how it seems. That the networks I listed run just a few episodes of a show and call it a season.

No, they run 13 episodes over a two different periods and call that a season. Really.

And in any case, you responded to a post about the number of episodes ORDERED for production (e.g. 6 like in the UK) and claimed that some US networks do the same. And that's just not the case, regardless of what it SEEMS like to you.