antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

Beware: Hackers in your car, TV and light-bulbs?

»www.forbes.com/sites/rajsabhlok/···t-bulbs/ from »www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/158605 ...

"We all know we should be careful transacting online, but are you thinking about cyber-security when you’re watching TV or driving your car? If you’re like me, those flashy new products at last week’s CES show probably got you dreaming about upgrading some of your old-school gadgets. The trend today is moving away from stand-alone devices to futuristic 'connected' devices, those that can talk to the cloud or even interact with your other systems and appliances..."
--
Ant @ AQFL.net and AntFarm.ma.cx. Please do not IM/e-mail me for technical support. Use this forum or better, »community.norton.com ! Disclaimer: The views expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
join:2000-08-06
Galt's Gulch
kudos:2

1 recommendation

So, how many smartphones does it take to change a light-bulb?

Seriously, WTF?
--
Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to antdude

I already have back seat drivers in my car too often. I sure don't need some hacker taking over my turn-by-turn navigation system telling me what to do. Like "you shouldn't be going to that bar; you should drive to the local church instead".
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.