Saint Petersburg, FL
said by Opt:Yes and that too said by BHNtechXpert:
There are entirely too many negative ratings about quality considering the low number in total ratings....I would hold on this for a bit.
That and none of my devices support AC yet :P
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~
Looks like another Padavan Release today...
RT-N56U_220.127.116.11-038_full.zip 7.5 MB
- IPv6+IPv4 (dual stack).
- Linux kernel 3.0.59.
- 5GHz WiFi driver v2.6.0.x (w/o WDS yet).
- New WebGUI.
- Full build: included "transmission", "minidlna", "xupnpd".
Changes to firmware ver. 18.104.22.168-027:
- Added support scatter/gather DMA to Ralink Ethernet driver (raeth). S/G DMA allow
boost local TX traffic up to 2x times. Read speed now up to ~21MB/s (from USB2),
up to ~34MB/s (from USB3). Drop ASUS binary raeth_asus.obj.
- Added support HW VLAN TX to Ralink Ethernet driver (raeth). Offload VLAN tag
incapsulation, actually for 1xRGMII mode for N65U.
- Added IMQ device for support software shapers.
- Added support RAW table to iptables.
- Added WiFi Reverse Direction Grant (RDG) control.
- Added output RSSI field to WiFi AP clients status.
- Added PPP session duration info, MAN info, IPv6 info to WAN status.
- Added ALG RTSP for support many IPTV applications from ISP.
- Added ability to select Ethernet port for attached WAN cable (for WAN bridge mode).
- Added ability to route VLAN tagged IPTV source via igmpproxy and udpxy.
- Added support IPv6 for URL-filtering.
- Added ability to disable ALG FTP.
- Added support IGMPv3 and multiple origins to igmpproxy.
- Added package xupnpd (translate IPTV via UPnP/DLNA) v1.02, rev372.
- Updated kernel-3.0.x to 3.0.59 from www.kernel.org.
- Updated WiFi driver to v2.6.0.x for AP 5GHz (WDS not supported yet, only AP-Client).
- Updated udpxy to v1.0.23-7.
- Updated dnsmasq to v2.65.
- Updated Transmission to v2.76.
- Updated Ralink HW_NAT to 2.50.x, improved IPv6 routes offload, fixed support HW VLAN TX,
forward all mcast and bcast traffic to CPU, move FoE PPE table to raeth for avoid memory
fragmentation on reload hw_nat module.
- Fixed very old issue with race packets from PPE. 2xRGMII mode on N56U now worked perfectly.
No reason for use 1xRGMII mode now, PPE can route summary traffic ~1.3 Gbit/s between 2 GMAC.
- Fixed IPv6 DAD issue on MacOS and Android WiFi clients (no solution for RT3352 AP on N65U).
- Fixed httpd deadlock issue (WebGUI freeze).
- Fixed IPv6 neighbour table overflow (manual run script reset_ss.sh needed).
- Fixed disabled FTP/SMB access controls in WebGUI on shares with LABEL.
- Fixed Astana timezone label.
See an update to the USB speed is now done... 2x or so speed.
I'll wait for your testing since I had the DLNA problem.