dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

d4m1r
join:2011-08-25

d4m1r to cmotors

to cmotors

Re: How hard is it to switch from Tek to Start?

said by cmotors:

said by resa1983:

Considering Voltage's lawyers are getting paid 2k/appearance in court, and that the fund has been up for over a month with only 1.5k in it, you guys wouldn't be funding the defense.. Teksavvy would.

Lol, so true. The "community" has spoken with its 1.5....

Ehhh, did you even bother to read my full post? That's 1.5k with NO official support from TSI and NO wide spread marketing because of that....Just a few security conscious individuals on an obscure internet forum. I hope you realize how much we COULD have raised from all over Canada, social media, TSI's, own website, etc if they actually officially endorsed it to pay for legal costs incurred from opposing the motion.

You can bet you &#* that even other TPIA's would have contributed (thousands?) because it affects them too....
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983

Premium Member

said by d4m1r:

said by cmotors:

said by resa1983:

Considering Voltage's lawyers are getting paid 2k/appearance in court, and that the fund has been up for over a month with only 1.5k in it, you guys wouldn't be funding the defense.. Teksavvy would.

Lol, so true. The "community" has spoken with its 1.5....

Ehhh, did you even bother to read my full post? That's 1.5k with NO official support from TSI and NO wide spread marketing because of that....Just a few security conscious individuals on an obscure internet forum. I hope you realize how much we COULD have raised from all over Canada, social media, TSI's, own website, etc if they actually officially endorsed it to pay for legal costs incurred from opposing the motion.

You can bet you &#* that even other TPIA's would have contributed (thousands?) because it affects them too....

Voltage's lawyers complained about Teksavvy linking Michael Geist's posts as well as linking CIPPIC in the original email to affected subscribers.. You can be sure that if Teksavvy were to send out an email supporting this indiegogo fund, they'd bring it to a judge pretty quick.

troll_tage
@snydernet.net

troll_tage

Anon

said by resa1983:

Voltage's lawyers complained about Teksavvy linking Michael Geist's posts as well as linking CIPPIC in the original email to affected subscribers.. You can be sure that if Teksavvy were to send out an email supporting this indiegogo fund, they'd bring it to a judge pretty quick.

Voltage's lawyers are desperate and as expected are full of sh.t. Original e-mail is right in front of me. There are no links to Michael Geist posts and no links to CIPPIC. But hey, its trolling, anything goes for a buck or two.

BTW the only outside link that exists in original e-mail is The Government of Canada’s Balanced Copyright:
»balancedcopyright.gc.ca/ ··· ml#amend so voltage can go and .... themselves.
cmotors
join:2011-01-28

1 edit

cmotors to d4m1r

to d4m1r
said by d4m1r:

Yep, I did indeed read your whole post. I just find generalizations made in internet forums quite questionable when they purport to represent a large amount of people. The vast majority of teksavvy customers do not post here, yet a vocal minority of people post in a forum as if it is representative of a much larger number of people that they are speaking for. If this really was a major community issue that everyone is supposedly having an adverse reaction to, I would imagine that 1.5k would be far higher.

The idea of having no support or marketing is indicative not only of your point, but also that the majority of the customers don't follow this issue, and the views expressed here are reflective of a minority (yet are thrown around as if there is a majority opinion behind them). Not to mention on top of that, the number of people who are aware of but have decided not to donate or spread it word of mouth. This itself is telling about how many people "really" are disaffected over all of this. One wouldn't have to market it if the views being thrown around here really were held by the majority (or at least a relatively significant number). People would be lining up to support the initiative. The issue has been in the news quite a bit, so... As well, word of mouth would certainly be powerful if the amount of people disaffected really is as large as some people here seemingly contend. Just not seeing the traction there.
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983 to troll_tage

Premium Member

to troll_tage
said by troll_tage :

said by resa1983:

Voltage's lawyers are desperate and as expected are full of sh.t. Original e-mail is right in front of me. There are no links to Michael Geist posts and no links to CIPPIC. But hey, its trolling, anything goes for a buck or two.

BTW the only outside link that exists in original e-mail is The Government of Canada’s Balanced Copyright:
»balancedcopyright.gc.ca/ ··· ml#amend so voltage can go and .... themselves.

Voltage got to edit the email that went out. That's where that paragraph about retaining evidence (ie don't wipe your drives) came from. Considering the links to Michael Geist & CIPPIC weren't in the email, they removed it before approving it for TSI.