Connoisseur of leisurely things
Premium Member
join:2002-12-24
GMT -5

Jeff

Premium Member

16 month old just figured out the Poland Spring Dispenser

Click for full size
I need to replace the cold water valve of our Poland Spring dispenser with exactly what is used on the hot water valve. My 16 month old just figured out how to press down on it, and has created a mini nightmare here.

Is this something I can pop off and pickup at home depot, or should I call PS? I don't care about asthetics, just function.

robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

robbin

Mod

Don't know about Home Depot but Amazon has them.

»www.amazon.com/Tomlinson ··· 00LY164O
telco_mtl
join:2012-01-06

telco_mtl to Jeff

to Jeff
said by Jeff:

I need to replace the cold water valve of our Poland Spring dispenser with exactly what is used on the hot water valve. My 16 month old just figured out how to press down on it, and has created a mini nightmare here.

Is this something I can pop off and pickup at home depot, or should I call PS? I don't care about asthetics, just function.

there is a water store in my town that sells water, beer making supplies etc, they have part for these things, maybe there is somthing like that in your town?

Jeff
Premium Member
GMT -5

Jeff to robbin

Premium Member

to robbin
That looks like it'll work. Thank you!
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4 to Jeff

to Jeff
Your nightmare is just beginning.

My daughter was fascinated by the computer's on/off switch.

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky
join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman

said by Bob4:

Or your dog or cat's tail.

ArgMeMatey
join:2001-08-09
Milwaukee, WI

ArgMeMatey to Jeff

to Jeff
said by Jeff:

If you rent the unit, check with the distributor. They may have a free or nearly free solution for you.

When this happened to us, we owned the unit, and I contacted the manufacturer. At no cost, they sent us three locking red "HOT" taps that worked fine for years. Sure, it would have been nice to have white and blue ones, but beggars can't be choosers.

JustYOUwait
@videotron.ca

JustYOUwait to Bob4

Anon

to Bob4
Just wait till the kid starts playing "cash register" and uses the DVD drive as the change till and starts tossing papers and pennies in it.
said by Bob4:

What he said.

Jeff
Premium Member
GMT -5

Jeff to Bob4

Premium Member

to Bob4
said by Bob4:

I can sense it already. I thought this week was enough of "new tricks" as he keeps dialing people stored in the caller ID of our home phone. Called the plumber three times, Chase once, and a few other people. Now he's emptying water on the kitchen floor. At least he's not banging on my laptop's keyboard like an irate chimpanzee anymore, since the phone and the water bottle dispenser has distracted him.

Thanks for the help everyone.
b_p_smith
Premium Member
join:2002-02-13
Merrickville, ON

1 recommendation

b_p_smith

Premium Member

Phhht. Amateurs.

Wait until they start to drive. Then you can watch your hair turn grey as you look at yourself in the mirror (assuming you *have* hair by then).

Warzau
Premium Member
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL

1 recommendation

Warzau to Jeff

Premium Member

to Jeff
Wow guess I had best luck here. My girls never did that when they were infants, toddlers. Though I did have ONE incident, my daughter who was 2 years old tried to clean the laptop screen, unfortunately she used a emery board. I think now is the best time to tell them "no" to certain things. I am all for baby proofing and safety. But there is a time when you need to tell them what's off limits. I did when the computers and stereo equipment,etc. Thankfully it has worked.
averagedude
join:2002-01-30
San Diego, CA

averagedude to Jeff

to Jeff
Another one to watch out for is when they start dialing 911.
Finally come to find out she just wanted to see the fire truck like the one on Disney TV. We only found that out after several visits by the local PD.
Try explaining that to the PD "How come your not watching your watching your child?" Because I was using the toilet! Kids are quiet and sneaky fast.

Best of luck.

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed to Warzau

MVM

to Warzau
My first son drew on my wife's new LCD with crayons...
CylonRed

CylonRed to averagedude

MVM

to averagedude
Same son did that to grandma a couple of times...

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Sounds like some kids need better upbringing.

CylonRed
MVM
Bloom County

CylonRed

MVM

He was a toddler - he has not done it in years.... He didn't know what 911 was. Get a life.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to Draiman

Premium Member

to Draiman
said by Draiman:

said by Bob4:

Or your dog or cat's tail.

What wont mention the indignity my cat suffered at the hands of my 2 year old kids[twins]. But let's just say they got a stinky finger.

Poor cat.

Warzau
Premium Member
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL

Warzau to averagedude

Premium Member

to averagedude
said by averagedude:

Finally come to find out she just wanted to see the fire truck like the one on Disney TV. We only found that out after several visits by the local PD.
Best of luck.

Hah that happened as well to me. We thought we caught it in time BEFORE she pressed talk, nope she did and we got a call back. Yes they are FAST.

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
MVM
join:2001-03-10
Cortland, OH

Pacrat to Jeff

MVM

to Jeff
Shit... if you guys think toddlers are tough duty, just wait 'til they're all teenagers. The "trangressions" escalate from mere annoyances to major crises... with a subsequent rise in your car insurance premiums.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to CylonRed

Premium Member

to CylonRed
said by CylonRed:

how well does Windex work on wax products?

CylonRed
MVM
Bloom County

CylonRed

MVM

Don't know - used a soft cloth and some pressure and maybe a bit of water....
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

1 recommendation

Bob4 to averagedude

to averagedude
said by averagedude:

Try explaining that to the PD "How come your not watching your watching your child?" Because I was using the toilet! Kids are quiet and sneaky fast.

Always put them in a playpen when you need to step away, even for a minute.

Thespis
I'm not an actor, but I play one on TV.
Premium Member
join:2004-08-03
Keller, TX

Thespis

Premium Member

said by Bob4:

A child who calls 911 because it makes the fire truck appear is smart enough to escape a playpen in seconds...

Sandman37
Premium Member
join:2002-07-10
Strafford, MO

Sandman37 to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

Sounds like some kids need better upbringing.

LOL You obviously don't have children. It doesn't matter what you do as a parent, they are little people and have minds of their own, and therefor they get into trouble.

Raphion
join:2000-10-14
Samsara

Raphion to robbin

to robbin
I somehow never realized you could order replacement taps so easily. I just ordered a set for the reverse reason, I never have children here, and don't want the child proofing, besides the fact that my child-proofed hot tap lever broke long ago, and it's only a little stub now.

So thanks for that.

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium Member
join:2008-01-06

beachintech to Kearnstd

Premium Member

to Kearnstd
said by Kearnstd:

said by CylonRed:

how well does Windex work on wax products?

You should never use Windex on LCD screens.
Liberty
Premium Member
join:2005-06-12
Arizona

Liberty to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
My Mom tried, but some of us just gotta do what a kids gotta do

I can vaguely recall embarrassing the crap out of my Ma with such acts as figuring out where the off button was on escalators
and
back when there were huge cash registers at stores like Sears, that had rows of buttons for each decimal for the prices entered & each salesperson had their own drawer in the stack
I figured out how to pop the drawers open

If my Ma dared turn her back on me, I was at the register or escalator in 2 seconds...

Beezel
join:2008-12-15
Las Vegas, NV

Beezel

I used to run into the center of the clothing racks and hide.

Dennis
Mod
join:2001-01-26
Algonquin, IL

Dennis to Warzau

Mod

to Warzau
said by Warzau:

said by averagedude:

Best of luck.

Hah that happened as well to me. We thought we caught it in time BEFORE she pressed talk, nope she did and we got a call back. Yes they are FAST.

Yup same here. That was fun....they had to come out and check no matter what I said. After that phones went up on a shelf.
averagedude
join:2002-01-30
San Diego, CA

averagedude to Thespis

to Thespis
said by Thespis:

said by Bob4:

A child who calls 911 because it makes the fire truck appear is smart enough to escape a playpen in seconds...

Forget playpens, those were for mere mortals.
She could go over kid gates (even 2 tall) like spiderman - I so wish I had thought to video tape that.
After a while the only thing the gates were doing was injuring the adults that tripped over the gates or trying to go through them.
As with all kids they quickly grow out of that phase right in to another one