spc
Search similar:

uniqs

CIDRnetgear
@mypctechs.com

CIDRnetgear

Anon

Upgrading from Netgear FVS318G (CIDR)

Our ISP brought Fiber into the building and is connecting users through a Cisco with CIDR addressing for our IPs.

When we originally configured our internet connection we purchased a Netgear FVS318G because it was affordable and was one of the few devices on the market I could find that would allow me to map the CIDR IP addresses correctly to our office.

Now we're looking to upgrade from our 15 Mbps connection to something closer to 100 Mbps and realize that the Netgear FVS318G only allows a max 22Mbps WAN to LAN.

Can anyone recommend an affordable product similar to the Netgear FVS318G that will allow mapping with CIDR but can support WAN to LAN up to 100Mbps?
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

1 recommendation

HELLFIRE

MVM

said by CIDRnetgear :

...that would allow me to map the CIDR IP addresses correctly to our office.

Not sure what you mean by this. I've always thought of CIDR as simply anything not fixed on the /8, /12 or /16 subnet
mask boundaries. Secondly, CIDR itself is a recognized RFC since 1993, so pretty much any network gear out there should
support CIDR already.

Can you explain this via the actual configuration and/or setup you had on the Netgear that you need this new device to replicate?

Regards
tomdlgns
Premium Member
join:2003-03-21

tomdlgns to CIDRnetgear

Premium Member

to CIDRnetgear
i am also confused as to what you are asking for.

what do you mean by

"allow me to map the CIDR IP addresses correctly to our office."

aren't you getting a specific block of addresses (or even 1) address to work with?