how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Rob9137

@comcast.net

Bizarre Comcast Internet Speed Advertisement

Click for full size
I was recently looking around at Comcast's latest tiers and prices and came across something highly unusual. Of the two tiers Blast! and Performance, Performance is a step lower than Blast. This is priced accordingly with Performance being $48.95 per month and Blast being $58.95 per month. When I looked closely at the speeds I noticed a huge discrepancy! Blast advertises slower speeds (16mbps down) vs performance (20mbps down) which completely contradicts their speeds tier models. Not only that, but blast is $10 dollars more. In other words, I could be paying Comcast more money to get slower speeds. Is there something I'm missing here in the advertisement? Take a look at the screenshot I've attached. I must be missing something here....

gar187er
I do this for a living

join:2006-06-24
Dover, DE
kudos:4

promo pricing on performance tier.
--
I'm better than you!

Chris 313
Come get some
Premium
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Vonage
·Comcast
·Comcast Digital ..
reply to Rob9137

Yes. Pay no attention to adverts like this, my version of the page isn't right either. Blast is 25/4 or better in most areas now.

Depending on where you live, Blast could be 50/10. Performance is 20/4 if memory serves. And if it's not currently, it will be soon.

Hope that helps clear up your confusion.

a84072290389

@comcast.net

I guess it's not so much the pricing that confuses me as it is with the speeds. My understanding is that Blast has historically been a higher speed tier than performance. I currently have Blast, but I care most about fast speeds. So you're saying not to switch to performance even though it's advertised as both cheaper and faster?

Chris 313
Come get some
Premium
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Vonage
·Comcast
·Comcast Digital ..

Yes. Blast is a higher speed. Performance will be 20/4 if memory serves, but when that happens, Blast will be 50/10 or better. So keep Blast and sit back and watch the show.

Where do you live? If you live in the NE region of Comcast, Blast is already 50/10 as part of the huge Verizon FiOS competition Comcast faces there. If you haven't gotten the upgrade yet, it'll happen some time this year.

Me for example, I just got the Docsis 3 upgrade after 5 years waiting. With it, Blast went from 16/2 (which I had for a year already) to 25/4. I'm expecting the 50/10 upgrade for Blast in the coming months.