·Callcentric
·Anveo
·Shaw
·AcroVoice
reply to afinite

Re: [Voip.ms] Voip.ms Question on Digit Map

said by afinite :

1) Dialing *97 takes me to "comedian mail"

Be sure you remembered to set Account Settings >> General >> Voicemail Associated to the Main Account (if you use the main account) or Manage Sub Account >> Internal Extension VoiceMail (if you use a sub account).

vomer

join:2013-01-17

said by Mango:

said by afinite :

1) Dialing *97 takes me to "comedian mail"

Be sure you remembered to set Account Settings >> General >> Voicemail Associated to the Main Account (if you use the main account) or Manage Sub Account >> Internal Extension VoiceMail (if you use a sub account).

Yes I did set the voice mail on the voip.ms website.

My understanding was that dialing *97 skips the "login" to voice mail. But for me it asks for mailbox ID after saying comedian mail...

Am I doing something wrong?

lilarry
Premium
join:2010-04-06

1 edit

said by vomer See Profile

My understanding was that dialing *97 skips the "login" to voice mail. But for me it asks for mailbox ID after saying comedian mail...

It is possible that you have your device registered to a different account than the one you set voice mail for. For example, setting up the voice mail on the main account will only enable *97 on a device registered to the main account. If you've set a voice mailbox on the main account, but your device is registered to a sub-account on which you did not set a voice mail box (or vice versa), then *97 will have to play the login because it does not know what mailbox you want. Just a thought.

vomer

join:2013-01-17

I only have 1 account and 1 did...

said by lilarry:

said by vomer See Profile

It is possible that you have your device registered to a different account than the one you set voice mail for. For example, setting up the voice mail on the main account will only enable *97 on a device registered to the main account. If you've set a voice mailbox on the main account, but your device is registered to a sub-account on which you did not set a voice mail box (or vice versa), then *97 will have to play the login because it does not know what mailbox you want. Just a thought.