wth
Premium
join:2002-02-20
Iowa City,IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom

[DVR] What Do You Think of This DVR Scheduling "Conflict&qu

Click for full size
Pic says it all. Your looking at 1/22/2013. With only 2 programs scheduled for the entire day, there's no reason "Justified" should be (clipped). I've seen this B4 a couple of times.
Question: Is this a DVR firmware problem, or more guide data problems?

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:118

Re: [DVR] What Do You Think of This DVR Scheduling "Conflic

I'll look into this for you. How did you setup your recordings? Did you record by program, show, did you set the times to record manually, etc. Were you watching TV on this cable box when these programs were recording?

wth
Premium
Iowa City,IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom
said by MediacomChad:

I'll look into this for you. How did you setup your recordings? Did you record by program, show, did you set the times to record manually, etc. Were you watching TV on this cable box when these programs were recording?

Setup: There just series recordings, new episodes only, and to record one minute past the end. The two programs are on this coming Tue, 1/22. Justified was setup about 10 days before the first episode of this season aired a couple of weeks ago.

ZC_217

join:2010-02-07
Des Moines, IA
reply to wth
I don't know what model of DVR you have, but does yours have a dual tuner or single tuner? If it only has a single tuner that would be the reason why one recording would be clipped.

Just a thought. I know some of the older DVRs were single tuners but many of the newer ones are at least dual. My Pace DVRs are all dual tuners so I can record 2 shows at the same time on the same box.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
What times are these shows on? Are they on at the same time, or one right after the other?

wth
Premium
Iowa City,IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom
said by MediacomChad:

What times are these shows on? Are they on at the same time, or one right after the other?

There both on at the same time (9pm). The DVR's firmware should be able to figure out that it's not recording anything before 9pm, but it (DVR) must think there's something it's recording before 9pm and ending after 9pm to produce the "clipped" message. If the DVR was recording something say like 8pm to 9:01pm, then it would display the clipped message, since there's a one minute overlap for one tuner to handle, which is impossible to record because the other tuner is recording the other program that starts at 9pm.

wth
Premium
Iowa City,IA
reply to ZC_217
said by ZC_217:

I don't know what model of DVR you have

It's a Pace TDC787X

wth
Premium
Iowa City,IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to wth
Click for full size
Within the past24 hrs, this problem has "fixed" itself. Go figure this.

wth
Premium
Iowa City,IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to wth
Click for full size
Also discovered a new "conflict" that has appeared in the past 24 hrs. All of the programming shown in this pic had been setup over a week ago (series recordings) and until Sat, there were no "clipped" messages on this page until I looked tonight (Sunday 1/20) Again, there's no reason Grey's should be clipped, since there's only ONE program recording at 7pm. It is a dual tuner DVR.
Pic shows upcoming Thursday 1/24

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
How much was clipped off?

wth
Premium
Iowa City,IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom
said by MediacomChad:

How much was clipped off?

The above pic is for 1/24/2013, which is in the future, so I can't tell you until AFTER the program is recorded, which would be at 9pm on Thur 1/24/2013. The DVR usually clips about 1-2 min, BUT that's not the problem. The problem is the DVR "Thinks" it needs to clip Gray's, but the DVR doesn't need to clip Gray's because the DVR is only recording one program at 7-8 pm and it's a dual tuner DVR, so the second tuner in the DVR should start recording Gray's while the other (first) tuner finishes the 7pm program.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
I have attempted to recreate the issue here will the same programs to no avail. We can swap it out for you to rule out the box if you would like.

wth
Premium
Iowa City,IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom
said by MediacomChad:

I have attempted to recreate the issue here will the same programs to no avail. We can swap it out for you to rule out the box if you would like.

Im going to sit tight and see what happens this Thur (1/24) to the "clipped" front end of Grey's. I even went into the recording setup and changed Grey's to start 2 min early, from "on time". Also last Sunday night I pulled the plug on the DVR for 5 min and plugged it back in. Looked next morning and it still shows Grey's to be clipped.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
Let me know here if you are still having issues and we will proceed accordingly.

wth
Premium
Iowa City,IA
reply to wth
After I looked last night (wed) I discovered the "clipped" disappeared from the Grey's listing. No other changes done to the schedule. Interesting it takes several days for the DVR to figure this out.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
That is odd. Let me know if you have any other issues with it.

kwbelt1

join:2006-06-03
Marion, IL
reply to wth
My pace box does this often. I've never really noticed that anything gets clipped though.

wth
Premium
Iowa City,IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to wth
Another thing I've noticed is if you choose to NOT record a series recording, there's times that I've looked the next day and the dvr shows it as it will record, so then you have to go in and select not to record AGAIN to prevent the program from recording. I have to reschedule 2-3 programs a week in the 8 or 9pm time slot since there's days I've seen 3-4 programs trying to record at the same time. So the programs in "conflict" get setup/recorded at a later time.

wth
Premium
Iowa City,IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to wth
Click for full size
Now my DUAL tuner dvr thinks it can record THREE (3) programs at the same time coming up at 9pm Feb 6th.

Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-01
IA
kudos:2
The series with the lowest number gets the highest priority so no it will nor record 3 programs at once.
--
I speak for myself, not my employer.

wth
Premium
Iowa City,IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom
said by Anonymous:

The series with the lowest number gets the highest priority so no it will nor record 3 programs at once.

I know & understand, BUT the dvr's firmware should not show 3 programs recording at the same time (9pm)

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
Are you still having issues with the DVR doing this?