spc
Search similar:

uniqs
wirelessdog
join:2008-07-15
Queen Anne, MD

wirelessdog

UBNT's piss poor DFS issues and a workaround

UBNT has the absolute WORST radar detect issues I have EVER seen on any equipment. They seem clueless about how to fix it and I'm tired of having mission critical links going down because of it.

When the UBNT DFS changes frequency due to a DFS/Radar hit is there any way to control what frequency it changes to so it doesn't F up my other links on the same tower? Does the frequency scan list accomplish this?
Chele
join:2003-07-23

Chele

I don't know how UBNT handles DFS issues. Proxim has a channel black list and a preferred frequency. You can have the other links' frequencies on the black list and set the preferred frequency as desired. It really is a pain (for me, using Proxim's DFS) to keep equipment from stepping on each other's frequencies. Also, you need to keep in mind(if I'm not mistaken) that the max EIRP is 30dBm.

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium Member
join:2005-04-06
Cayuga, ON

Inssomniak to wirelessdog

Premium Member

to wirelessdog
Honestly I have a few DFS links installed now and not once since the day I put then up have they moved channels. This was months ago for a few of them. I was worried about that though.
join:2011-04-18

Newbie to wirelessdog

to wirelessdog
I believe you are correct, set the "frequency list" and it SHOULD only jump to x channel you set it to.

FWIW with 5.5.2 I do not see any jumps on my backhauls with shield kits. But then again I am extremely rural.