how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Talesavo

join:2011-01-07
London, ON

Upgrading firmware on my Sb6121

I've had a conversation with rocca about transitioning to Start from Teksavvy and he made it known to me that I'd need a particular firmware. Currently I'm running this:

Firmware Name: SB612X-1.0.5.0-SCM03-NOSH

which seems to not be the right firmware; is there a resource to explain to me how to manually update my firmware to 1.0.6.1?

hmph

join:2012-10-23

If it is working fine with Teksavvy then it most likely will as well with Start.
From my understanding the modem will be automatically updated via the cable provider's network since they can push firmware updates, not sure if you can do it yourself on that model.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
join:2008-11-16
London, ON
kudos:23

Red won't push the new firmware down. For the best experience I'd highly recommend sticking to the approved list.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
reply to Talesavo

If it is working fine it will almost certainly continue to work fine after switching.

However, if anything ever happens you will get bureaucratic headaches. You'll be told "that modem is not supported". You'll say it has always worked, so something must have failed. You'll be told "sorry, can't help, get a new modem." Hence an approved modem is strongly recommended.

Modem firmware is not end user upgradable. I do the upgrades here in Toronto, mlord does them in Ottawa, but I don't know anybody in London able to do the work.
(rocca, maybe you need to train the office receptionist in modem flashing ;P)
--
electronicsguru.ca

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
join:2008-11-16
London, ON
kudos:23

said by Teddy Boom:

You'll be told "sorry, can't help, get a new modem." Hence an approved modem is strongly recommended.

+1

said by Teddy Boom:

Modem firmware is not end user upgradable. I do the upgrades here in Toronto, mlord does them in Ottawa, but I don't know anybody in London able to do the work.
(rocca, maybe you need to train the office receptionist in modem flashing ;P)

I'll have to get you to train me first.