Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

brg

join:2001-01-03
Chicago, IL
kudos:1

New Uverse Internet Pricing (Increase)

Just noticed this on-line when looking to see what my options are when my current IPDSLAM Max promo expires:

"Effective 1/27/13, the standard retail pricing for U-verse High Speed Internet will be: Basic $28, Express $36, Pro $41, Elite $46, Max $51, Max Plus $56."

Great. The outrageous rack-rate pricing becomes even more outrageous. I would bump from $48 (not paying that now; never would) to $51. For 12/1 IPDSLAM.

Hmmm; RCN charges $40 for 25/2. Hmmm....

UverseTech

join:2012-08-04
Reviews:
·Charter

So that's what they mean in that new DSL ad for more speed options.

You have the option to pay more for the same speeds. You gotta love the marketing weasels, technically you have several new options

AMDUSER
Premium
join:2003-05-28
Earth,
kudos:1
reply to brg

That is not too surprising.. locally [I'm on a promotion.. 19.95 for 6 Meg IPDSL. Where I live does not qualify for anything faster.] For $29.99 I can get 15 Meg from TWC..

mystery45

join:2001-06-13
Titusville, FL
reply to brg

yea i don't understand the price increase. of course i looked into switching back to brighthouse but there are no savings there.

i don't understand why a company can't come out with a cheap TV/high speed internet service.

the problem is there is no competition. i thought ATT would be competitive and it was now they are the same price as bright house.

the only reason i haven't switched is that i have more features with att.

Paralel

join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US
kudos:4

There is competition, it's just that there is no lesser evil, there is a difference. What you would like is more competition than you currently have. However, there is no guarantee that would drive prices down as any other providers could charge a similar fee for a similar service, as is the case with ATT.

MOWAA

join:2010-03-25
Fort Lauderdale, FL
reply to brg

Those aren't price increases.. at least to me
Try living in Miami.. Max plus is $65 and has been since the inception of the service down here.
Comcast is just as expensive $68 for the similar package...