aurgathor

join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

bi-fold door top slider

Click for full size
I need another one of this plastic thingie for a bi-fold door.

I went to Lowes with this picture, and they told me they've never seen anything like that.

Any idea if this is still available? If yes, where?

TIA
--
Wacky Races 2012!

sempergoofy
Premium
join:2001-07-06
Smyrna, GA
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast
Just a week ago I had to buy the entire rail kit for a bifold door I have. I got the replacement kit (rail and all the other hardware like that which came with the particular door I have). Home Depot carries them and is where I purchased. Kind of pricey. The kit for the small door I have was $13. The kits were in their hardware section. Various lengths available.

I was directed there by asking in the door/window department since that is where they also carry the complete new door kit.

I must say, though, that your pic of the rail seems to indicate that it is much more substantial in quality than that with which I was dealing.

In my case, the rail, which is just extruded aluminum with a lip, had weakened through use and had a wide place where the door would escape the rail.. All I wanted was the rail, but had to buy the kit. I also checked the local hardware store first and they directed me to H.D. for the extruded aluminum rail such as I needed.
--
nohup rm -fr /&

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
reply to aurgathor
My local ACE Hardware store carries sliders like this. Unfortunately, they don't have the specific one I've needed for the past 17 years.

sempergoofy
Premium
join:2001-07-06
Smyrna, GA
reply to aurgathor
Another online lead:
»www.stanleyhardware.com/default.···DOOR+ACC
--
nohup rm -fr /&

jkj860
The Final Frontier

join:2002-01-10
Valparaiso, IN
reply to aurgathor
Here is another good site. »www.johnsonhardware.com/. I know they used to supply the hardware for a lot of door manufacturers. Take a look or maybe send them a picture of what your looking for.
--
I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard is not what I meant. Nixon

robbin
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX
kudos:1
reply to aurgathor
I've had good luck ordering door parts from here

»www.allaboutdoors.com/index.php?cPath=74