share rss forum feed

captokita
Premium
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC
reply to captokita

Re: [Anime] Winter 2013: Currently watching

Continuing....

Cuticle Detective Inaba: Inaba Hiroshi is a former police dog. He has a hair fetish, but can find anyone with just a strand of their hair. He also can take on abilities from said hair. Sounds interesting does't it? Weeeeelllll... Simply put, this show is really about slapstick comedy, not to be taken seriously. If you accept it for what it is, some laughs can be found within it. Episode one basically introduces everyone under the case of counterfeit yen. Don Valentino is behind this. He's a goat. Literally, he's a goat. He likes his money.... he REALLY likes his money. I found episode 2 funny as hell. Overall, the series isn't one to be taken seriously, and won't appeal to everyone.

Maoyu: Demons and humans have been waging a war, with each side claiming victory. Meet the hero! He charges into the castle of the demon king, to put an end to this once and for all! He was with a group, but took off on his own to attack the demon king. Hero moves in for the kill, only to find the demon king is a demonically well-endowed woman. She proceeds to tell the hero her plans, and his place in them. How war makes money for some, and keeps others in peace, fed, and living. Ultimately they enter into a pact with each other, and set off together to change the world, one step at a time. She really loves the hero, and the hero, well, seems the others in his group think he's dead, or a coward. Two episodes in, it's decent, and worth following for a few more to see what develops.

Kotoura-San: Ok, let's start by saying this is probably one of the most DEPRESSING opening minutes of an anime I've seen in a long time. Kotoura Haruka can read minds, though she doesn't understand this power, and as a result, alienates herself from her family and school friends by blurting things out she shouldn't. Eventually she transfers to a new school, and hopefully new life, even though things start the same way they did before. Enter Manabe Yoshihisa, the boy that sits next to her in class. He's not put off by her abilities, and befriends her in spite of her protests. This of course leads to jealousy from others in the class. This so far is decent, and I was completely unprepared for the beginning.

Amnesia: After a vivid dream, the heroine, (no name) wakes up, with absolutely no memories of who she is, where she is, or what she's doing there. Her co-workers bring her home, and she meets Orion, a spirit that caused her amnesia by coming in contact with her soul. In order to regain her memories, she needs to go about her daily life as if nothing has happened. She gets bits and pieces of her memory by interacting with the people she should know. Naturally, Orion can only be seen/heard by her. This is a reverse harem series, with the lone gal, bunch of pretty boys with stylish hair and clothing. The thing that stands out to me here is the color of everyone's eyes. Very different. Not really my thing, but the wife likes it, so I'll follow along.

Shorts:
Senyu: This is the only one playing that I really enjoy. Hero Alba and Royal Soldier Ros are out to level up and beat the demon king. Too bad Ros does nothing but put our hero down. "Why are you panting? Are you a pervert?" "I just killed that slime!" "Ah, so you have a slime fetish?" lol. 3 minutes is almost too short, because it's very good and funny.

Ai-Mai-Mi: 3 girls want to be manga artists, and are in the manga club, with only one being truly into it. This one is everywhere, and nowhere all at the same time. I get a feeling of "Kill me, Baby!" from this, but I LIKED that one. At least it's short.

Encouragement of climbAoi Prefers hobbies that don't require height. She's afraid of heights after hurting herself on the jungle gym. When she enters high school, she runs into her rambunctious friend Hinata, who is the exact opposite. She wants to take Aoi back to the mountain where they watched the sunrise many years ago. It's not BAD, and in 3 minute doses isn't too bad to watch.

Boku-no-imoutowa"Osaka-okan": Ugh, hate it. From the animation, to the blah dialogue, to just overall blahness. Thankfully it was only 3 minutes.

Still more to come, stay tuned!