uniqs
share rss forum feed

Rickez
Goinginsane

join:2000-09-02
Three Rivers, MA

[crt/lcd] Screen Issue

Click for full size
What do you think makes this happen? Back light? The spots are growing slowly.
--
Got a one way ticket, going the wrong way....

Aranarth

join:2011-11-04
Stanwood, MI
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

1 recommendation

The lcd panel is peeling a part. I suspect it was damaged in shipping or it got really hot for some reasons and the glue etc. failed.

It is supposed to be a sealed unit, if the seals are not working properlt contamination gets in and the layers can come a part.

In any case, time for a new one. Luckily they are quite cheap these days.

Rickez
Goinginsane

join:2000-09-02
Three Rivers, MA
Thanks, yes it appears to be peeling as you mentioned. We were hoping to have it covered in a RMA but hanns-g seems to be content on not honoring the warranty, back light not covered and they are claiming that's the issue. Well first they said drivers or cable, which is obviously not the issue, the sppots appear when on with out cable attached. The monitor does get very hot.

Thanx, Rick
--
Got a one way ticket, going the wrong way....

Mister_E

join:2004-04-02
Etobicoke, ON
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
reply to Rickez
Yep - that's a defective LCD and it's NOT the backlight. If it were a backlight problem, your screen wouldn't be lit as nicely as it is..a wearing backlight puts out a pinkish hue (especially when first turned on) or you'd have a dark screen or light flickering. Drivers and cables wouldn't cause a problem like the one pictured.

However, a cracked LCD can also look like this - look carefully to see if any crack is visible (in which case it likely wouldn't be covered by warranty).

Otherwise, the panel itself is deteriorating and should be covered under warranty.

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11
reply to Rickez
Great looking monitor.
Mine is an I-INC. Looks very much the same in terms of design... possibly the same manufacturer? Bought mine about 3-4 years ago. For the last year I've noticed that when turning on the monitor one side of the screen is darker than the other... until it warms up.