share rss forum feed

peterboro
Premium
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON
reply to El Quintron

Re: Voltage Versus Teksavvy, Round 2 Continued

said by El Quintron:

If I were to get a letter from Voltage asking me for damages, and in return, I respond to voltage and use my copying did not cost you the "X" dollars you're asking for as defense, then that's between me and my lawyer.

No your defence should be TSI gave the plaintiff the wrong IP...it was a log mistake...a spoof etc.

In the alternative if they gave the plaintiff the right IP it wasn't me it was an open wifi...my tenant...my brother-in-law visiting etc.

In the further alternative even if it was me the movie is shit and you didn't lose any money as a result of my actions.

In the further alternative even if you lost money, and I put you to the strict proof therein, it was of such a small amount that this suit is frivolous.

This is all premised on the fact my first motion to Federal Court is to strike the proceeding and have the suit filed in Small Claims.

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL

said by peterboro:

No your defence should be TSI gave the plaintiff the wrong IP...it was a log mistake...a spoof etc.

(...)

All great suggestions, but my post simply stating the privacy isn't the only avenue under which this can be pursued. At the time I posted there was an almost religious zeal surrounding a privacy defence, and I didn't feel that was the only option or even a correct one in certain cases.
--
Support Bacteria -- It's the Only Culture Some People Have