Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Eumaeus

join:2009-12-10
Yorktown, VA
reply to Bodybagger

Re: [PvP] PVP in 5.2 and Beyond

There will be a lot more shared diminishing returns once the patch lands. Hopefully enough to make PvP more fun (especially in smaller group pvp such as 2's).

A warrior resto duo kept me cc'd as feral for what seemed like 45 seconds - enjoyable game design, right? Especially love that doing so required no long cooldowns and could be replicated in less than a minute.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
i watched reckful get chain cc'ed for ages last night on his spriest...he was facing resto/war/spriest atroughly 2.2k rating in EU...they lost after like 35 minutes, lol.

But seriously, that dude is unreal at this game...i've been watching his stream for the past few days and it's silly how cognizant of his surroundings and how short his reaction time is. not to mention, how well he knows strategy and other classes. he literally knows what people are going to do well before they do it...i know you guys will say that a lot of us can predict the flow of an arena match, but theres a difference in mapping it out in your head and executing it to a 170-4 record in 3s and a 3k rating. Reckful is by far my favorite wow personality right now.

edit: sorry for the sloppy writing, this netbook keyboard is tiny and im lying in the bed.
--
McBrain#1430

Name's Ash...Housewares.

Skittles
Premium
join:2011-03-31
said by McBrain:

Reckful is by far my favorite wow personality right now.

What?...no love for Athene?

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
i went through a stretch where i liked him...right when he was starting tttt. but i got sick of his personality...he's a grimey looking dude with a god complex who not once showed me why he calls himself the best paladin in the world.

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC
reply to cymraeg
No Swifty love?

Skittles
Premium
reply to McBrain
always thought he was quite good, guess he just reminded me of a paladin in are guild who could have been the direct inspiration for Athene's personality.....funny guy.

As for other WoW pvpers, I always like watching Swifty (though his sound quality at times is rough) and old school Ming,Neilyo and Akrios.

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC
reply to cymraeg
One of the other things I read was all players are the same level in BG's in 5.2 meaning if you enter the 81-89 bracket as a level 81 when you join a BG it will inflate you to 89 with appropriate stats/abilities so everyone is on an equal level character wise. The only advantage to actually being a higher level is better gear.
--
IF YOU FIND ANY MISTAKES IN MY WORK...Please consider that they are there for a purpose. I try to please everyone and there is always someone looking for mistakes!

Josof

join:2010-10-23
Virginia Beach, VA
reply to blackthought
said by blackthought:

wow i might start playing again..again.
I got into it. Hit the "omg this shyt sucks with crap gear" wall and saw no real hope of advancement especially considering all my old go to healers had stopped playing. Maybe though...just maybe i'll come back for real...maybe...

just come on back already lol.
--
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." - Sun Tzu

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to Draiman
KLINDA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Venom1

join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA
reply to cymraeg
glad i'm leveling my dk... time to start the pvp

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
fwiw, I think I heard Reckful say he'll be switching to his sPriest for 5.2.

I'm going to level another one once I get to Oki. It'll be refreshing, and a lot cheaper than paying for two accounts for 2 more years.

Carpie

join:2012-10-19
united state
kudos:5
reply to Draiman
Here's a link to a recent interview with Swifty that I came across. I can't listen to it due to the websense but thought some of you might find it interesting. (Plus I wouldn't know Swifty from a Swiffer)

»www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/17 ··· now_how/

Bodybagger
Premium
join:2010-03-30
Saint Matthews, SC
reply to cymraeg
Buddy of mine said the patch notes were changed. They had a red line through the mage CS and warlock's spelllock from the felhunter. Also a few other CC cd's for a DK were reduced. And something about cyclone not sharing DR with any CC now?

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI
kudos:4
Cyclone DR's are removed. Feral still has a 20 second Cyclone cooldown.

Blanket Silences (improved counterspell, etc) aren't being removed this patch. Blizzard explained that this change makes classes that have a lot of instant cast spells even more OP when compared to classes that have to cast most of their abilities. They will return to removing blanket silenced in the future.

Cptbeatstix

join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX
reply to McBrain
said by McBrain:

i went through a stretch where i liked him...right when he was starting tttt. but i got sick of his personality...he's a grimey looking dude with a god complex who not once showed me why he calls himself the best paladin in the world.

He's a troll. Of course he has a god complex lol.

Skittles
Premium
Athene is not a troll. He maybe be an asshole and his personality reflects this but he has PvP skills and does pally well. He and Swifty have posted a number of youtube vids of their exploits.He has also raised money for charity with live streaming events.

but he is still hard to stomach.

Cptbeatstix

join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX
reply to cymraeg
Nowadays his trolling he used to do is starting to bite him in the ass. Back in BC and Wrath, all his videos were just rolling. I'm not saying Athene is a bad person, but it's hard to trust him when he used to troll all of the time.

His g/f is hot as shit though.