share rss forum feed

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
kudos:1
reply to BigSensFan

Re: [Hockey] [2013] Ottawa Senators Season Thread

And the streak is over........good game though.

They blew a good lead.
--
Sarcasm is the body’s natural defense against stupidity.

Kardinal
Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico

2 goal lead is the hardest one to keep in hockey, or so they say. This game was boring in the 1st with the Bolts trap-trap-traping, blew up in the 2nd, and the 3rd was pretty good.

Still, 3-1 isn't bad when the last three have been in four days.
--
All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer by the stars
All of us do time in the gutter, dreamers turn to look at the cars

- Peart / Lifeson / Lee
Join Team Helix

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
reply to BigSensFan

i have been talking about hockey pretty much daily at work as i am in an office pool...what a crap shoot this year is...Philly, LA, NYR and the Pens all shitting the bed to start the season.

i said at work that teams loaded with decent young talent will likely do well in this shortened compressed season...my gut feeling is a team like Edmonton could be very hard to play against in the second half...when some of the "older" teams are running on fumes later in the season, these young "kids" will still have plenty of get up and go.
--
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

- George Orwell

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

quote:
i have been talking about hockey pretty much daily at work as i am in an office pool...what a crap shoot this year is...Philly, LA, NYR and the Pens all shitting the bed to start the season.

Don't forget the Caps with new coach Adam Oates.........they look terrible and Ove doesn't look happy.........1 assist.
--
Sarcasm is the body’s natural defense against stupidity.

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

i didn't even pick Ovi this year...he was my first pick last year, and he had a bad year...i decide to play it safe this year and pick Lundqvist 1st this year, and that powerhouse team can barely beat a Timbits squad...i just can't catch a break in my pools.

Kardinal
Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
N of 49th
reply to BigSensFan

....and now, back to the Ottawa Senators.

Big test tomorrow night against the Penguins.

pegcitynet

join:2009-09-02

I think the Sens need to alternate resting Gonchar and Philips with this reduced schedule. Philips in particular looked very worn out after the back to back games in Florida. He is still and NHL caliber player, but he needs to be used more intelligently.

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada

1 edit
reply to BigSensFan

Bah. Alfie out sick for today's game against Pittsburgh

bt

canada
reply to BigSensFan

2-1 SO loss against the Pens. Anderson wasn't spectacular during the shootout, but tough to place blame on him when the shooters are Neal, Crosby and Malkin.

Only real complaint for the play is they're still taking a lot of dumb penalties. If the Sens had stayed out of the box a bit more, it might not have gone to the shootout.

bt

canada
reply to BigSensFan

Alfie back in, but Spezza is out. Mika Zibanejad makes his season debut tonight.

Kardinal
Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico
reply to BigSensFan

Out: Spezza (upper body injury), Benoit, K-Dawg
In: Alfie (returning from flu),Wiercioch, Z-Bad

Lines and pairings from morning skate:

Michalek / Regin / Silfverberg
Latendresse / Turris / Alfredsson
Neil / Smith / Greening
Condra / Zibanejad / O'Brien

Methot-Karlsson
Gonchar-Borowiecki
Wiercioch-Phillips

Regin and Turris might be switched, and Z-Bad might find himself elsewhere later in the game too. They'll be in the heritage sweaters tonight.
--

- Peart / Lifeson / Lee
Join Team Helix

bt

canada
reply to BigSensFan

It was ugly, but it was a win. I thought Andy let in a softie on the first goal, but more than made up for it for the rest of the game - especially the last minute and a half or so.

Zibanejad looked great out there tonight. Still some learning curve for him, but the building blocks are all there.

Kardinal
Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico
reply to BigSensFan

"An ugly win" covers it, as I wasn't expecting a win after the first two periods. Still, they had the "cardiac kids" of last year look going, and ground out the win after O'Brien's goal late in the 2nd period got them going.

You have to love a player with a sense of humour:

said by @craiganderson41 :
Slow start tonight, but what an ending! Just had chicken parm, fingers still intact. #winnerwinnerchickendinner #noknives @Buccigross
(it was after a win over Washington last year that he badly cut his finger while preparing chicken at home after the game)
--

- Peart / Lifeson / Lee
Join Team Helix

BigSensFan
Premium
join:2003-07-16
Whitby, ON
reply to bt

said by bt:

It was ugly, but it was a win. I thought Andy let in a softie on the first goal, but more than made up for it for the rest of the game - especially the last minute and a half or so.

Zibanejad looked great out there tonight. Still some learning curve for him, but the building blocks are all there.

I agree Zibanejad looked great... he was grinding and getting into good scoring position all night.

The telecast said that we had not won in the last 9 games (I think it was 9) without Spezza in the line up... we broke that one
--
"The hardest thing about any political campaign is how to win without proving that you are unworthy of winning." ~ Adlai E. Stevenson

Kardinal
Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico

said by BigSensFan:

The telecast said that we had not won in the last 9 games (I think it was 9) without Spezza in the line up... we broke that one

I believe it was 9 *home games* without SpezzDispenser in the lineup. Add that to the losing record when wearing the AWESOME heritage jerseys last year and the stats weren't on the side of a win last night. I guess the cardiac kids didn't get that memo.
--

- Peart / Lifeson / Lee
Join Team Helix

bt

canada
reply to BigSensFan

Spezza's injury is still being evaluated, and he won't be in tonight against Montreal. I'm a little nervous that it won't be a short injury...

loosedobbs

join:2006-06-13
Toronto
reply to BigSensFan

I am sure Sens are on good pace and will make play offs. Good goaltenders makes others play with heart.

bt

canada
reply to Kardinal

said by Kardinal:

I believe it was 9 *home games* without SpezzDispenser in the lineup.

Yep. Overall, it was 17 games...

bt

canada
reply to BigSensFan

Andy keeps up his "What do you mean teams can score in the 2nd and 3rd periods? I know not of what you speak." performance.

Rough first period, give up the first goal (again), but blow the Habs out of the water 5-1. The crowd fed "Olé" back to the Habs fans in the building after the last goal.

loosedobbs

join:2006-06-13
Toronto
reply to BigSensFan

That double minor turned the game. Old man can still shoot the puck nicely. The kid also got his first.

bt

canada
reply to BigSensFan

Spezza out indefinitely, to have (minor) back surgery.

Kardinal
Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico
reply to BigSensFan

Herniated disk surgery. Could be 6 weeks, could be 10, could be ???? Hopefully he's back by the end of the season, but I'd prefer to err on the side of caution and keep him out the whole season if it means he'd be ready for next year. Cowan is already out long term and I don't want him back early just for the sake of him playing, and I feel the same way about Spezza.

For replacement, Turris will now be the top centre, and Z-Bad / Regin / Smith / O'Brien are all centres so we've got options. There is also Da Costa in Bingo and possibly Derek Grant, but I think J-G Pageau will need more time down in Bingo and I'm not sure at all about Wacey Hamilton.
--

- Peart / Lifeson / Lee
Join Team Helix

bt

canada
reply to BigSensFan

With a Boston loss last night, 1st in the East!

(though only 4 points up on 9th in the East)

bt

canada
reply to BigSensFan

Andy starts again tonight. Ride the hot hand, NHL 1st star for January.

Fun fact: Anderson has not allowed a goal in any game after the Senators have scored (shootout aside).

vue666
I love Lanny Barbie
Premium
join:2007-12-07
Halifax, NS
reply to BigSensFan

Those Canes fans are crazy....sounds like they really enjoy themselves at the game...

bt

canada
reply to BigSensFan

Complete and utter robbery by the refs today. Tying goal disallowed on the weakest Goaltender Interference call I've ever seen. Even Habs fans were saying it should have been a goal.

But then, the refs were making horrible chintzy calls against both teams all game.

Anyone

@teksavvy.com

... did someone yell replacement refs ??

bt

canada
reply to BigSensFan

Bad game for Andy last night (bound to happen eventually), but the rest of the guys found some scoring - including one from Phillips and a pretty one from Neil. 49-11-4 all-time when Phillips scores!

But raise your hand if you thought Chris Phillips would be tied for 3rd in goals for the team so far. Or, well, ever.

A couple of notable people around the NHL that have fewer goals than Chris Phillips so far this season (though most have played 1 or 2 fewer games):

Brad Richards
Evgeni Malkin
Taylor Hall
Rick Nash
Milan Michalek (Ouch)
Alex Ovechkin
Ilya Kovalchuk
Daniel Sedin
Phil Kessel

And more points than:

Dion Phaneuf
Tomas Kaberle
Scott Hartnell

Seriously.... WTF? I mean, I get that some players are going to have slow starts, but they're being outscored by a 34 year old who has a career pace of .066 goals per game (regular season)!

BigSensFan
Premium
join:2003-07-16
Whitby, ON

Hi Everyone

The Sens have not made an official app for the Z10 yet, but the device has the ability to run android app (alot not all) once converted to BAR format

Anyways, a guy at crackberry.com converted this for me, and I thought I would share it with you
»dl.dropbox.com/u/2919430/com.ati···_111.bar

BTW the Z10 is AWESOME
***Note it takes a minute to load the data once the app is started for the first time***

Here are instructions on how to sideload on the Z10

»crackberry.com/how-put-android-a···0-device (WINDOWS)

»crackberry.com/how-put-android-a···your-mac (MAC)
--
"The hardest thing about any political campaign is how to win without proving that you are unworthy of winning." ~ Adlai E. Stevenson

bt

canada

1 edit
reply to BigSensFan

Crawford is 8 minutes of game time away from taking back the Wins leader position though.

Edit: Looks like I spoke too soon on Crawford.