Lines and pairings from morning skate:

Michalek / Regin / Silfverberg
Latendresse / Turris / Alfredsson
Neil / Smith / Greening
Condra / Zibanejad / O'Brien

Methot-Karlsson
Gonchar-Borowiecki
Wiercioch-Phillips

Regin and Turris might be switched, and Z-Bad might find himself elsewhere later in the game too. They'll be in the heritage sweaters tonight.
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt to BigSensFan

to BigSensFan
It was ugly, but it was a win. I thought Andy let in a softie on the first goal, but more than made up for it for the rest of the game - especially the last minute and a half or so.

Zibanejad looked great out there tonight. Still some learning curve for him, but the building blocks are all there.

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

Kardinal to BigSensFan

Mod

to BigSensFan
"An ugly win" covers it, as I wasn't expecting a win after the first two periods. Still, they had the "cardiac kids" of last year look going, and ground out the win after O'Brien's goal late in the 2nd period got them going.

You have to love a player with a sense of humour:
said by @craiganderson41 :
Slow start tonight, but what an ending! Just had chicken parm, fingers still intact. #winnerwinnerchickendinner #noknives @Buccigross
(it was after a win over Washington last year that he badly cut his finger while preparing chicken at home after the game)

BigSensFan
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Belle River, ON

BigSensFan to bt

Premium Member

to bt
said by bt:

It was ugly, but it was a win. I thought Andy let in a softie on the first goal, but more than made up for it for the rest of the game - especially the last minute and a half or so.

Zibanejad looked great out there tonight. Still some learning curve for him, but the building blocks are all there.

I agree Zibanejad looked great... he was grinding and getting into good scoring position all night.

The telecast said that we had not won in the last 9 games (I think it was 9) without Spezza in the line up... we broke that one

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
N of 49th

Kardinal

Mod

said by BigSensFan:

The telecast said that we had not won in the last 9 games (I think it was 9) without Spezza in the line up... we broke that one

I believe it was 9 *home games* without SpezzDispenser in the lineup. Add that to the losing record when wearing the AWESOME heritage jerseys last year and the stats weren't on the side of a win last night. I guess the cardiac kids didn't get that memo.
bt
canada

bt to BigSensFan

to BigSensFan
Spezza's injury is still being evaluated, and he won't be in tonight against Montreal. I'm a little nervous that it won't be a short injury...

loosedobbs
join:2006-06-13
Toronto

loosedobbs to BigSensFan

to BigSensFan
I am sure Sens are on good pace and will make play offs. Good goaltenders makes others play with heart.
bt
canada

bt to Kardinal

to Kardinal
said by Kardinal:

I believe it was 9 *home games* without SpezzDispenser in the lineup.

Yep. Overall, it was 17 games...
bt

bt to BigSensFan

to BigSensFan
Andy keeps up his "What do you mean teams can score in the 2nd and 3rd periods? I know not of what you speak." performance.

Rough first period, give up the first goal (again), but blow the Habs out of the water 5-1. The crowd fed "Olé" back to the Habs fans in the building after the last goal.

loosedobbs
join:2006-06-13
Toronto

loosedobbs to BigSensFan

to BigSensFan
That double minor turned the game. Old man can still shoot the puck nicely. The kid also got his first.
bt
canada

bt to BigSensFan

to BigSensFan
Spezza out indefinitely, to have (minor) back surgery.

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
N of 49th

Kardinal to BigSensFan

Mod

to BigSensFan
Herniated disk surgery. Could be 6 weeks, could be 10, could be ???? Hopefully he's back by the end of the season, but I'd prefer to err on the side of caution and keep him out the whole season if it means he'd be ready for next year. Cowan is already out long term and I don't want him back early just for the sake of him playing, and I feel the same way about Spezza.

For replacement, Turris will now be the top centre, and Z-Bad / Regin / Smith / O'Brien are all centres so we've got options. There is also Da Costa in Bingo and possibly Derek Grant, but I think J-G Pageau will need more time down in Bingo and I'm not sure at all about Wacey Hamilton.
bt
canada

bt to BigSensFan

to BigSensFan
With a Boston loss last night, 1st in the East!

(though only 4 points up on 9th in the East)
bt

bt to BigSensFan

to BigSensFan
Andy starts again tonight. Ride the hot hand, NHL 1st star for January.

Fun fact: Anderson has not allowed a goal in any game after the Senators have scored (shootout aside).
vue666 (banned)
Let's make Canchat better!!!
join:2007-12-07

vue666 (banned) to BigSensFan

to BigSensFan
Those Canes fans are crazy....sounds like they really enjoy themselves at the game...
bt
canada

bt to BigSensFan

to BigSensFan
Complete and utter robbery by the refs today. Tying goal disallowed on the weakest Goaltender Interference call I've ever seen. Even Habs fans were saying it should have been a goal.

But then, the refs were making horrible chintzy calls against both teams all game.

Anyone
@teksavvy.com

Anyone

Anon

... did someone yell replacement refs ??
bt
canada

bt to BigSensFan

to BigSensFan
Bad game for Andy last night (bound to happen eventually), but the rest of the guys found some scoring - including one from Phillips and a pretty one from Neil. 49-11-4 all-time when Phillips scores!

But raise your hand if you thought Chris Phillips would be tied for 3rd in goals for the team so far. Or, well, ever.

A couple of notable people around the NHL that have fewer goals than Chris Phillips so far this season (though most have played 1 or 2 fewer games):

Brad Richards
Evgeni Malkin
Taylor Hall
Rick Nash
Milan Michalek (Ouch)
Alex Ovechkin
Ilya Kovalchuk
Daniel Sedin
Phil Kessel

And more points than:

Dion Phaneuf
Tomas Kaberle
Scott Hartnell

Seriously.... WTF? I mean, I get that some players are going to have slow starts, but they're being outscored by a 34 year old who has a career pace of .066 goals per game (regular season)!

BigSensFan
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Belle River, ON

BigSensFan

Premium Member

Hi Everyone

The Sens have not made an official app for the Z10 yet, but the device has the ability to run android app (alot not all) once converted to BAR format

Anyways, a guy at crackberry.com converted this for me, and I thought I would share it with you
»dl.dropbox.com/u/2919430 ··· _111.bar

BTW the Z10 is AWESOME
***Note it takes a minute to load the data once the app is started for the first time***

Here are instructions on how to sideload on the Z10

»crackberry.com/how-put-a ··· 0-device (WINDOWS)

»crackberry.com/how-put-a ··· your-mac (MAC)
bt
canada

1 edit

bt to BigSensFan

to BigSensFan

Crawford is 8 minutes of game time away from taking back the Wins leader position though.

Edit: Looks like I spoke too soon on Crawford.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Those are Vezina numbers if he keeps it up...
bt
canada

bt to BigSensFan

to BigSensFan
Don Cherry
@CoachsCornerCBC
2. Anderson without a doubt is the best goalie in hockey right now

»twitter.com/CoachsCorner ··· 07546368
bt

bt to BigSensFan

to BigSensFan
This is very, very not good:

"Erik (Karlsson) suffered a laceration to his left achilles, which will require surgery to repair. He will be out indefinitely."

They were managing to keep their head above the water without Spezza, but without Karlsson as well...

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Just heard that........I picked him instead of Thornton in my pools.
bt
canada

bt to BigSensFan

to BigSensFan
Someone got a face-on picture of Karlsson when he was going down. I'll warn you, the expression on his face is difficult to look at for Sens fans.

»pbs.twimg.com/media/BDCA ··· ng:large

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to bt

Premium Member

to bt
Yikes.... but how the hell do you get your achillles cut in a hockey skate?

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
N of 49th

Kardinal

Mod

Probably above the boot -- tendon goes up several inches from the ankle.

FaxCap
join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC

FaxCap to BigSensFan

to BigSensFan
Just saw it on TV....man oh man you gotta feel for the guy.

FaxCap

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

yeah i just saw the replay.. above the boot.... yowza...

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to FaxCap

Premium Member

to FaxCap
that effin sucks...i hope him the best...Achilles tendon issues can be career ending...hopefully it isn't too bad.