uniqs
share rss forum feed

FastEddie
Premium,Ex-Mod 2001-13
join:2000-12-29
Channel Z
kudos:6

Anyone Using CM 10 On Nook Color?

Just wondering if anyone has got CM 10 (Jelly Bean) running on the Nook Color. If so, how does it run e.g. speed, apps etc. Better than CM 7? And what Install instructions did you use?

--
Here's To You

Sandman
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Strafford, MO

1 recommendation

Sorry FE, not yet. It's on my list of projects though, unfortunately it's more toward the bottom of the list.
--
Rule #62: Don't take yourself so damn seriously!

FastEddie
Premium,Ex-Mod 2001-13
Channel Z

1 recommendation

My Nook Color is rooted with CM7

So I grabbed a 8GB MicroSD card and loaded it with CM 10

So far I'm liking it.

I may have to unroot the CM7 and root CM 10

--
Here's To You

FastEddie
Premium,Ex-Mod 2001-13
Channel Z

Just got done updating my rooted CM 7 to CM 10.

Looking good.

--
Here's To You

FastEddie
Premium,Ex-Mod 2001-13
Channel Z

2 edits

1 recommendation

Here's the info for anyone wanting to make a bootable microSD card or rooting it. Making is a microSD card is the same process as this »[Mods] Turn Nook Color To Android Tablet the only difference is your are going to use CM 10 and the Gapps that are made for Jelly Bean plus the generic-sdcard-v1.3-CM7-9-10-larger-Rev5 image. My MicroSD card setup works fine, no errors.

»forum.xda-developers.com/showthr···=1941858

And other info can be found here

»forum.xda-developers.com/showthr···=1941247

CM 10 Nightly
»download.cyanogenmod.org/?type=n···e=encore

Gapps
»goo.im/gapps

My rooted setup is getting:

I'm getting "no external storage available" when using the Galley app. Other Apps work fine with the microSD card.

And a Clock stopped error but the clock works.

--
Here's To You

Sandman
Premium
Strafford, MO

1 recommendation

Your success has encouraged me to move it up on the list. Hopefully I will be installing CM10 on an SD card in the next couple of days.

My wife likes her Nook Color, but it bothers her a little when she can't do certain things that we know it is capable of doing, other than B&N locking it down, mostly installing apps that are not available in their app store.
--

FastEddie
Premium,Ex-Mod 2001-13
Channel Z

1 recommendation

It took me 10 minutes to setup the SD card CM 10. You set it up the same way as the CM7 you are just using different files. The SD card setup worked great.

Now .... loading all the apps and tweaks you want is another story.

I rooted my NC but they haven't issued a stable build. I get two errors but that may be because I installed CM 10 over CM 7. I'm going to use it the way it is as the errors don't bother me and they are minor. I'll most likely do a clean install shortly.

--
Here's To You

Sandman
Premium
Strafford, MO

So I finally did this a few days ago, and I was impressed with how fast it ran. CM7 was kind of slow, but I'm not sure if it's the SD card that I used or not.

Hopefully it's not the SD card, as I'll be using it for my sister-in-law's Nook to install CM10 for her.
--