uniqs
ispalten
join:2005-04-16
Clermont, FL

ispalten to TampaBay33

to TampaBay33

Re: [Internet] Internet Speed Upgrades?

said by TampaBay33 :

I just upgraded to the 60mps services. On my ethernet connected computer, I ran speedtest and hit those numbers, but on my wifi, I can't get above 22mps. Have a UBEE DVW3201b modem. Im trying on my ipad within 5 feet of my router.

Any suggestions?

When I got the first iPad, which does connect at N speed, I had the same problem, and I had Lightning. I was thinking something was wrong with the iPad and since it was under warranty called Apple. I was told this was NORMAL due to the antennae setup used. They do not have 2 is the reason. Not trusting that answer I went onto an Apple forum (forgot which one) and asked, and basically got the same answer.

I can tell you my PC's all connect at 67+Mbps, but the best any of our iPad's will reach is around 39 or so Mbps.

There are also many 'speed test' apps for the iPad, and some are off of the BH network and that will alone usually cause lower speed reports.

SPEED TEST app by OOKLA does connect to BHN and might give you the best results. I also get better results with the 5Ghz SSID (if you have one) but the range is less than the 2.4Ghz radio.