Betamax76

join:2008-10-16
Canonsburg, PA

1 edit
reply to aaronwt

Re: Free NHL PREVIEW

said by aaronwt:

Are any of those channels using MPEG4?

Actually, ALL five (Ch. 1470 through Ch. 1474) of the NHL Center Ice/Major League Baseball HD Season Package Channels are now MPEG-4. They are all located at 297 MHz (QAM RF Ch. 36) and only decode audio on MPEG-2 clear QAM tuner TV sets. So customers with QIP 6200 and QIP 6416 boxes will get no free preview in HD, but will receive SD channels only.

Timothy28

join:2006-05-13
Lewisville, TX
Glad i don't have the older 6xxx boxes then.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
said by Timothy28:

Glad i don't have the older 6xxx boxes then.

As was mentioned Fios will ship a free 7xxx upgrade to anyone who subscribes to the package.

Timothy28

join:2006-05-13
Lewisville, TX
Definitely very cool of them to do that. Sooner they get those old boxes out of circulation the better.

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ
A reminder NBC is streaming both games on the web, »nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/45340521/

and if you don't have Verizon Wireless you can use the NBC Sports Live Extra App to watch either game.

Zero

join:2009-07-01
Collegeville, PA
reply to Betamax76
said by Betamax76:

said by aaronwt:

Are any of those channels using MPEG4?

Actually, ALL five (Ch. 1470 through Ch. 1474) of the NHL Center Ice/Major League Baseball HD Season Package Channels are now MPEG-4. They are all located at 297 MHz (QAM RF Ch. 36) and only decode audio on MPEG-2 clear QAM tuner TV sets. So customers with QIP 6200 and QIP 6416 boxes will get no free preview in HD, but will receive SD channels only.

You're right all 5 HD channels are MPEG-4. I just had an issue with this trying to watch them on a non-Xbox 360 Media Center Extender since it doesn't support MPEG-4 and the same goes with the TiVo HD. I wonder when VZ moved the first two of these channels over to MPEG-4.

nyrmetros

join:2008-02-01
Oakland Gardens, NY
reply to icemannyr1
said by icemannyr1:

A reminder NBC is streaming both games on the web, »nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/45340521/

and if you don't have Verizon Wireless you can use the NBC Sports Live Extra App to watch either game.

That NBC sports app is garbage after the Olympics ended.... It it has is Notre Dame and golf.