Bodybagger
Premium
join:2010-03-30
Saint Matthews, SC
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to cymraeg

Re: [PvP] PVP in 5.2 and Beyond

Glad they are doing this... however, it doesn't do anything for being stunned/silenced/CCd until dead. But that is a whole other issue.

If you were to try to cap out conquest points as a fresh 90 in honor gear without the weapon it's basically GG. You cannot do 2s for quickly capping conquest unless you have a fully decked OP class to carry you. So you are stuck with doing BGs and hope you win at least 10 out of a day. Not to mention being 1 shot by everything in the BG the entire time. The change was needed. Also for people who like to do 2s, and/or don't have the time or people for 3s, 5s, or RBGs, being able to finally get the elite gear will be a great change. Someone still has to work for it and not be given welfare loots like LFR.

Eumaeus

join:2009-12-10
Yorktown, VA
There will be a lot more shared diminishing returns once the patch lands. Hopefully enough to make PvP more fun (especially in smaller group pvp such as 2's).

A warrior resto duo kept me cc'd as feral for what seemed like 45 seconds - enjoyable game design, right? Especially love that doing so required no long cooldowns and could be replicated in less than a minute.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
i watched reckful get chain cc'ed for ages last night on his spriest...he was facing resto/war/spriest atroughly 2.2k rating in EU...they lost after like 35 minutes, lol.

But seriously, that dude is unreal at this game...i've been watching his stream for the past few days and it's silly how cognizant of his surroundings and how short his reaction time is. not to mention, how well he knows strategy and other classes. he literally knows what people are going to do well before they do it...i know you guys will say that a lot of us can predict the flow of an arena match, but theres a difference in mapping it out in your head and executing it to a 170-4 record in 3s and a 3k rating. Reckful is by far my favorite wow personality right now.

edit: sorry for the sloppy writing, this netbook keyboard is tiny and im lying in the bed.
--
McBrain#1430

Name's Ash...Housewares.

Skittles
Premium
join:2011-03-31
said by McBrain:

Reckful is by far my favorite wow personality right now.

What?...no love for Athene?

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
i went through a stretch where i liked him...right when he was starting tttt. but i got sick of his personality...he's a grimey looking dude with a god complex who not once showed me why he calls himself the best paladin in the world.

Skittles
Premium
always thought he was quite good, guess he just reminded me of a paladin in are guild who could have been the direct inspiration for Athene's personality.....funny guy.

As for other WoW pvpers, I always like watching Swifty (though his sound quality at times is rough) and old school Ming,Neilyo and Akrios.

Cptbeatstix

join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX
reply to McBrain
said by McBrain:

i went through a stretch where i liked him...right when he was starting tttt. but i got sick of his personality...he's a grimey looking dude with a god complex who not once showed me why he calls himself the best paladin in the world.

He's a troll. Of course he has a god complex lol.

Skittles
Premium
Athene is not a troll. He maybe be an asshole and his personality reflects this but he has PvP skills and does pally well. He and Swifty have posted a number of youtube vids of their exploits.He has also raised money for charity with live streaming events.

but he is still hard to stomach.