join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

1 recommendation

mozerd to DoctorStinky

MVM

to DoctorStinky

Re: [Equipment] Gigaset C610H Select Services . . . Again

said by DoctorStinky:

The base/handset and additional handset were purchased at the same time through Amazon's US site.

Just purchased a combo from VoIPsupply for $164
[C610A IP + C610H] .... will be getting the set mid of next week --- so will see how it goes. Stewart See Profile is responsible for this transaction .... I prefer the snom m9r but the value proposition stinks so I went with the gigaset.

wcweaver
Premium Member
join:2002-02-22
Fort Myers, FL

wcweaver

Premium Member

said by mozerd:

said by DoctorStinky:

The base/handset and additional handset were purchased at the same time through Amazon's US site.

[C610A IP + C610H] .... will be getting the set mid of next week --- so will see how it goes. Stewart See Profile is responsible for this transaction .... I prefer the snom m9r but the value proposition stinks so I went with the gigaset.

Not to rub it in but,

Amazon has the set for $120.00 delivered. i am ordering an additinal handset for $54 delivered.

EDIT
Sorry, did not see you were in Canada. The same set from Amazon Canada is $234 Canada. Quite a difference.

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
MVM
Nepean, ON

mozerd

MVM

said by wcweaver:

EDIT
Sorry, did not see you were in Canada. The same set from Amazon Canada is $234 Canada. Quite a difference.

Actually what you saw at the Amazon Canada website was the C610A IP [base station and 1 handset] --- they want an additional $72 for the additional handset which makes the Total $306. I challenged Amazon on the price differential but their response was unbelievably lame. I would strongly discourage Canadians consumers from patronizing Amazon Canada. I want the Canadian Government to double the price of OIL and GAS it sells into the USA then let see how our American friends feel about that. and the only problem with THAT piece of nonsense is that Canadian Consumers would also have to pay double or triple at the gas pumps.
DoctorStinky
join:2011-11-10
Brunswick, ME

DoctorStinky to mozerd

to mozerd
said by mozerd:

said by DoctorStinky:

Just to be clear, you purchased, in Canada, a C610A IP (base and included C610H handset), PLUS an additional C610H handset, for a total of $164 . . . correct? At least in the US, voipsupply has a $15 shipping charge; so was that the all-in price from voipsupply for a purchase made in Canada and shipped to a Canada address? When I plugged in those items and specified a Toronto shipping address, it added $22 in tax (only $8 for Montreal though) and the shipping was $59. Their shopping cart system may identify me as a US-based customer, though, so my results may not mirror yours.

The all-in price was $174 for the same items at Amazon US, delivered to a US address, because of the free shipping (Prime member, so "free" is debatable but I do get my money's worth ) and, at least for now, no tax.

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
MVM
Nepean, ON

2 edits

mozerd

MVM

said by DoctorStinky:

Just to be clear, you purchased, in Canada, a C610A IP (base and included C610H handset), PLUS an additional C610H handset, for a total of $164 . . . correct?

The all-in price was $174 for the same items at Amazon US, delivered to a US address, because of the free shipping (Prime member, so "free" is debatable but I do get my money's worth ) and, at least for now, no tax.

That is partially correct.
I did not purchase in Canada. I purchased from VoipSupply in Buffalo via their website at the price I stated in my message BUT and when they actually shipped the product I got a new adjusted Invoice that came to $158.18 + shipping of $59.00 = Total $217.18
and In addition I may also be liable for GST -- however, I've escaped paying the GST a number of times.

wcweaver
Premium Member
join:2002-02-22
Fort Myers, FL

wcweaver to mozerd

Premium Member

to mozerd
said by mozerd:

said by wcweaver:

EDIT

Actually what you saw at the Amazon Canada website was the C610A IP [base station and 1 handset] --- they want an additional $72 for the additional handset which makes the Total $306. I challenged Amazon on the price differential but their response was unbelievably lame. I would strongly discourage Canadians consumers from patronizing Amazon Canada. I want the Canadian Government to double the price of OIL and GAS it sells into the USA then let see how our American friends feel about that. and the only problem with THAT piece of nonsense is that Canadian Consumers would also have to pay double or triple at the gas pumps.

And to add more insult the Canadian dollar is actually worth 1% more than the U.S. dollar now. WOW, how things have changed.
since I last bought Canadian dollars.