KingOfPants
Premium Member
join:2002-11-11
Canada

KingOfPants to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord

Re: Anno 2070 on sale on Steam

I really liked the last game in the series, Dawn of Discovery in North America, and Anno 1404 the rest of the world. »store.steampowered.com/a ··· gest__13

It reminded me at times of the old Stronghold games, trying to keep your town's people happy. Though the Anno games being of course much more in depth.

TigerLord, did you play any of the previous games in the series? Is it much alike?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Link for the lazy:

»store.steampowered.com/app/48240

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord to KingOfPants

to KingOfPants
said by KingOfPants:

TigerLord, did you play any of the previous games in the series? Is it much alike?

The only other game I played in the series is Anno 1404 which I loved but never really got in extreme depth. I didn't know what to expect with Anno 1404 when I first got it and I was looking for a modern Sim City fix at the time. Sim City is probably the game I have played the most hours of (with EVE Online) in my gamer's life.

Anno is one of a kind. It reunites the complexity of Sim City with RTS mechanics, but emphasis is on economics and city planning rather than military. The combat is 2070 is EONS better than in 1404.

And the whole underwater part of 2070 is just stupidly amazing fun. Not to mention the game is drop dead gorgeous. It takes advantage of my GTX680 and I love that.

If you liked 1404 there is no way you cannot like 2070. 2070 is twice the fun of 1404.

If you didn't like previous Anno games, then you should ask me questions to determine whether the aggravating elements are still present or if they were fixed.