uniqs

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

jmck to Pampers

to Pampers

Re: Thinking of changing from Bell to Teksavvy

The problem with TSI and Youtube has been getting progressively worse over the last few months and mostly during peak time. They've likely been running out of capacity for a while but apparently just added 30Gbits/sec of capacity to Google/Youtube which was supposed to fix the problem but hasn't yet.

You're likely going to need 10-15mbit/sec to stream 1080p tho without buffering.
Pampers
join:2013-01-18

Pampers

Uh oh.. 'upgrades' mean possible back end throttling from the backend.. i'm very skeptical when it comes to these things hehe I wonder if Rogers/Bell has an 'interest' in YouTube.
JMJimmy
join:2008-07-23

JMJimmy

I'm on a 25/7 connection and I still get buffering on youtube at the moment. It's a YouTube issue more than anything.

That said, it's worth switching from Bhell. Call me a fanboy but Bhell did nothing but screw me over and TSI has done nothing but right by me.

TSI Jonathan
Premium Member
join:2011-08-24
Chatham, ON

TSI Jonathan to Pampers

Premium Member

to Pampers
Hi Pampers,

Welcome to the forum, I see you just joined. If you want to post in the secured direct forum with your address we can check the serviceability »/forum ··· avdirect or if you prefer you can PM me TSI Jonathan See Profile. We can qualify to see if Cable Internet is available at the same time (if it's something that may interest you).

If you have any questions please feel free to ask and we'll be glad to help you out.

Cheers,

TSI Jonathan