Search similar:

uniqs
me1212
join:2008-11-20
Lees Summit, MO
·Google Fiber

me1212 to Grimm

to Grimm

Re: The future of Gaming? PC or Console?

You can use a controller with a pc, netflix too. Wireless KB+M even. the 'fact' that a console is more relaxable is a fallacy. You can sit on a couch and play on the pc just as much as a console, you dont need to sit at a desk to play pc.

I don't care if you like console more, if you do more power to you, but don't spread the myth that you cant sit back and relax on a couch with a pc like a console can. You can even hook it up to the same tv.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

I don't get that either. There's a huge majority of console gamers out there that have no clue or knowledge about the fact that you can purchase Wireless Xbox 360 controllers for Windows PC gaming.

Don't believe me? Just read any comment sections on Youtube videos of PC gameplay using a 360 controller. LOL
me1212
Lees Summit, MO
·Google Fiber

me1212

Yeah its crazy, heck thats the main reason I was able to convert my little brother to the pc side. Well that and mods. At least all my personal gamer friends know this, most even do it.

Its mind boggling though, a wireless or even wired controller and be plugged into a pc but most people are amazed when they find out.

Grimm
join:2011-05-23

Grimm to TheThing

to TheThing
Dude chill the fuck out, seriously. I never attacked anyone or "spread any myth" bullshit as you say. Quit putting words into other people's mouths. I gave you my opinion, as others have also, and you jump down their throat. Take a chill-pill.

I know, I can use a controller on the PC. I don't want to though. And for that, a console fits the bill. Obviously my observations aren't known fact but the fact that there are so many consoles sold leads me to believe I'm not alone.

I'm also more into console exclusive titles that aren't sold for PC. And whether or not you want to retort that some or a lot of these can be had on the PC, if I can not legitimately purchase them, any other avenue is not worth the hassle for me.

AGAIN: my own opinion.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
said by Ghastlyone:

I don't get that either. There's a huge majority of console gamers out there that have no clue or knowledge about the fact that you can purchase Wireless Xbox 360 controllers for Windows PC gaming.

Don't believe me? Just read any comment sections on Youtube videos of PC gameplay using a 360 controller. LOL

Are you positive about using a wireless 360 controller with a PC? I have heard that you need the wired version and that a wireless 360 controller using the wired charger won't work either; something to do with drivers...
Goggalor

Goggalor

Premium Member

I prefer a console because that is what my friends have. Simple as that... well, that and I have a bunch of achievements with my XBL gamertag.

(I have a Wii (no Wii U as it does not have a Zelda exclusive yet and no, Wind Waker HD does not count), a PS3, a 360, and a PC with an EVGA GTX 670.)

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to Goggalor

Premium Member

to Goggalor
said by Goggalor:

said by Ghastlyone:

Are you positive about using a wireless 360 controller with a PC? I have heard that you need the wired version and that a wireless 360 controller using the wired charger won't work either; something to do with drivers...

This one right here...

»www.amazon.com/gp/produc ··· _s01_i00

Works absolutely perfect. I've had no issues on games with controller support.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

Ahhhhh, so it is a separate controller from the regular 360, using its own wireless receiver. Gotcha. Thanks.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

said by Goggalor:

Ahhhhh, so it is a separate controller from the regular 360, using its own wireless receiver. Gotcha. Thanks.

Yep

It's got a little dongle that plugs into a USB port with a reciever on the end. I plug mine into the back of the PC and it just rests on top out of the way where you can't even see it.

Controller takes 2 AA batteries and has full rumble support. Battery life is superb.

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

OK truth is. In the future we're all going to grow up and not play games.
me1212
Lees Summit, MO
·Google Fiber

me1212 to Goggalor

to Goggalor
You need to buy a little transceiver for it, but yes you can. My brother has one, and I have personally used it even.

As far as using what your friends have, I can kinda understand that. I mean I play a lot less console because my friends and I play on pc together.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

Subaru to TheThing

Premium Member

to TheThing
Well.. I've had my console for almost 3 years now (PS3) and part of the reason why I got it was not having to wait almost a extra year for another GTA game for the PC and the fact I don't have to worry if the game is not going to play right or have issues.

I still love pc gaming but it's nice to be in bed and gaming.

Thaler
Premium Member
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler to TheThing

Premium Member

to TheThing
Trendwise? I'd have to say console. While I think both markets have grown, console's growth rate seems to be the bigger of the two. I have no exact figure/source to back this up, but just an observation I've seen in my geographic/social area. Plus, PC game developers always seem to be bitching about their market like a stuck pig. Console developers...not so much - well, until they've developed the latest next-gen turd.

Personal preference? Console. When I buy one, it's good for X years of operation (omitting mechanical failure) and I don't have to worry about another player beating me due to a hardware difference. Cost of entry to the system is fixed and level. Plus getting into a console game is often faster than installing/establishing a PC version.

PC gaming could be vastly helped by standardizing the experience similarly to consoles. Give me a computer with a fixed price and a guarantee that I can run at least this year's games on "High" without a hitch. I could care less what the specific price is, but just blows ass to drop $X on a system, only to find out later that the game you want to play runs like dog shit, because it was optimized for a different video card manufacturer.

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

We got it all wrong. The future of gaming is in tablets and smartphones.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster

Premium Member

That's already here. The real future is in our brains. We'd just plug in and get and immerse ourselves into a virtual world directly.

Otherland is the perfect book series about it.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

1 recommendation

Exodus

Premium Member

said by ekster:

Otherland is the perfect book series about it.

OH MY GOD IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO READ THAT SERIES I CAN FINALLY TALK TO SOMEONE ABOUT THE MASSIVE AMOUNT OF PAGES THAT I READ

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster

Premium Member

It doesn't feel that massive as I'm currently reading the third book of the Three Musketeers series. 2000+ pages!! in one book.

But Otherland is awesomeness too. I love it when the story just keeps going on for that long and stays interesting the whole time.

Though I got to admit, I didn't finish reading the Otherland series yet. I will be getting back to it as soon as I'm done with the current book.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

How far did you get into the Otherland series?

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster

Premium Member

Read the first two books.

And I will be tempted to re-read them as well, most probably.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
I've been consumed by the Black Company series. Finished the first two books. Absolutely fantastic if you like dark fantasy/military fiction.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus to ekster

Premium Member

to ekster
said by ekster:

Read the first two books.

And I will be tempted to re-read them as well, most probably.

That's exactly what happened to me. I read the first two books, put them down for a while and then picked it up and re-read the first two all over again and then finished the last two.

The series completes itself well, even when it seems like it drags on from the second to third book. Well, it didn't seem to drag on, but the plot slows down a little.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster

Premium Member

The plot was still fine at the end of the second book for me. I wanted to read on, but had to put it down because I went back to studying part-time and picked a french university... I needed to brush up my French as I almost never use it, especially when it comes to writing, so I switched to reading French books for a bit.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

The third does well and the 4th book, even though it's 700-800 pages, reads like it's 100 pages. The 4th one is impossible to put down.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster

Premium Member

Yeah, that's what my friend who recommended it to me told me as well. I just wish there were more books like that. I'm always having trouble finding more recent books that go beyond 250 pages that aren't completely obscure or indie.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to ekster

Premium Member

to ekster
said by ekster:

It doesn't feel that massive as I'm currently reading the third book of the Three Musketeers series. 2000+ pages!! in one book.

My parents made me read those long time ago (10-12) to get me into the reading world, loved the series and felt badass finishing those huge books.

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

So are you guys saying the future is in the past?

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
It was actually the first books I ever read by myself, and probably my favourite books ever. They are also responsible for me getting into the reading world. I was 5-6 when I started reading it. And I've read them in 3 different languages so far.

Thaler
Premium Member
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler to TheThing

Premium Member

to TheThing
Kinda lost on all this. Just so long as someone's fan fiction doesn't start getting published here, I guess.

TheThing
join:2012-08-10

1 edit

TheThing

Would have to agree with you there on the "standardized" product thingy.

that's very important to the consumer.

PC companies could help standardize it a bit, by providing something like on the back of the box with info.

PC1 specs listed:
Medium gameplay graphics

PC2 specs listed:
High gameplay graphics

PC3 spec listed:
Maximum gamplay graphics

or EVEN better.

there should be a standard where the video game states:

Will your system play this game?

goto www.guildwars2.com/checkmysystem.html

where you could give your system specs and it could tell you how playable the game would be on your system

at the same time, that weakness is also one of PCs greatest strenghts, and gives incredible flexibility in gaming that a console could never achieve
me1212
Lees Summit, MO
·Google Fiber

me1212 to Subaru

to Subaru
said by Subaru:

I still love pc gaming but it's nice to be in bed and gaming.

You can't game from bed with a pc? Then what was I doing earlier...