spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Cisco Kid

@bhn.net

[TV] Energy Useage

Read in a Post, and I quote, Set top Boxes are "Energy Hogs"....and some poeple therefore Unplug them.

In this day....being green is being friendly...and so I ask, does anyone know if the Quote is True......and to be energy Friendly, Users should Unplug their Boxes when not in use, like overnight?

JLR

join:2001-01-28
Auburndale, FL
I use outlet strips on my 3 boxes and save close to
$30 a month by just switching them off at night

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:148
reply to Cisco Kid
said by Cisco Kid :

Read in a Post, and I quote, Set top Boxes are "Energy Hogs"....and some poeple therefore Unplug them.

In this day....being green is being friendly...and so I ask, does anyone know if the Quote is True......and to be energy Friendly, Users should Unplug their Boxes when not in use, like overnight?

Please don't....
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

JLR

Auburndale, FL
said by BHNtechXpert:

said by Cisco Kid :

Please don't....

why not?

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Cisco Kid
We perform updates to the boxes overnight...if your box is not powered you will miss it in which case when you turn your box on in the morning you might be in for a wait...

JLR

Auburndale, FL
Is that the only reason not to do it so you don't have to wait? I'll wait to save big bucks on my electric bill

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 edit
said by JLR:

Is that the only reason not to do it so you don't have to wait? I'll wait to save big bucks on my electric bill

You really don't save that much depends on the box and of course make/model/mfr. If you have a Kilawatt meter you can check the exact usage and compute out what it costs per month. It's pretty minimal. If I have anything to say about it (and I don't really) I would prefer you leave it on....just my two cents.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

JLR

Auburndale, FL
ok Thanks Gary, but when I started doing this, my bill
went down alot.( I have 3 boxes, all diferent mfg)

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Cisco Kid
Define a lot... the average Florida household uses about $4.00 in electricity per day all things included.

weaseled386

join:2008-04-13
Port Orange, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
·AT&T U-Verse
said by BHNtechXpert:

Define a lot... the average Florida household uses about $4.00 in electricity per day all things included.

This.

I have a LOT of crap running in my house 24/7, and even with the heater & AC running my last bill averaged out to $3.82 per day..

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by weaseled386:

said by BHNtechXpert:

This.

I have a LOT of crap running in my house 24/7, and even with the heater & AC running my last bill averaged out to $3.82 per day..

Meeee too weasled386. My last bill was the highest so far since buying this house but I also built the Griswald Family Christmas display in my front yard which ran each night for well over a month.
--