Premium
join:2000-08-06
Galt's Gulch
kudos:2

1 recommendation

Stealth Hoodie Hides Wearer From Drones

LOL. Tinfoil hats are sooo passé

quote:
Surveillance cameras are ubiquitous, especially in the U.K.. and in the United States, Congress has already approved the use of drones for domestic surveillance. Then there’s the “Stingray” tool used by the FBI to track cell phones. It’s enough to make even those who’ve gotten nothing hide feel nervous.

New York-based artist Adam Harvey doesn’t like it one bit. So he’s taken it upon himself to design anti-surveillance clothing to foil government snoopers.

»news.discovery.com/tech/gear-and···0118.htm

and

»www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/···sky.html
--
Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

I'm trying to picture somebody wearing that garb in Charleston, SC or Dallas, TX on a late July afternoon. Or walking into a bank or courthouse anywhere at any time with it on so as to block one's facial image, especially the scarf and hoodie. Somehow, in the last cases, I think that possible drone surveillance will quickly become the least of one's concerns. It's a sign something has gone off the rails when the anonymizing clothing attracts more attention than it guards against...
--
“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.” A. de Tocqueville

Secyurityet
Premium
join:2012-01-07
untied state

said by Blackbird:

It's a sign something has gone off the rails when the anonymizing clothing attracts more attention than it guards against...

Exactly -- "shoot the guy with the missing head."

Mythbusters showed that a cloud of CO2 is more effective in blanketing an area instead of leaving a man-sized black silhouette.

goalieskates
Premium
join:2004-09-12
land of big
reply to Blackbird

said by Blackbird:

I'm trying to picture somebody wearing that garb in Charleston, SC or Dallas, TX on a late July afternoon.

Not a problem until they invent indoor drones. The garb might be handy for outdoor activities, though - like heading off to the pot patch, or smuggling in illegals. So there's a market there ...

Link Logger
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB

1 recommendation

reply to Blackbird

said by Blackbird:

I'm trying to picture somebody wearing that garb in Charleston, SC or Dallas, TX on a late July afternoon.

I would know exactly where you are and I wouldn't need one of my fancy drones either as you would be in the hospital with heat stroke, ie you baked your brain, which if wrapped in tin foil with a little butter, touch of garlic etc......

Blake
--
Vendor: Author of Link Logger which is a traffic analysis and firewall logging tool

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

said by Link Logger:

... you would be in the hospital with heat stroke, ie you baked your brain, which if wrapped in tin foil with a little butter, touch of garlic etc......

Blake

Uhm... your middle name wouldn't be "Hannibal" by any chance?
--
“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.” A. de Tocqueville

icanseeitinl

@comcast.net
reply to StuartMW

I can see it in London where the mean temperature is -50 c and somehow still raining but anywhere where the life is normal this would be a disaster.
I might as well use the cheap thermal blanket to block the IR. I mean the heat must go somewhere, so you are just baking inside.

tsstststat

@comcast.net
reply to Blackbird

Mmmm with some Fava Beans and a glass of Chanti.