Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

billdz

join:2012-12-22
Fort Lauderdale, FL
reply to alaneyjaney

Re: [Home Network] Motorola NVG510 installed, Slingbox won't con

Guess what, it turns out that the NVG510 is UPNP capable after all. AT&T just has UPNP disabled.

The Default Server setup mentioned above turned out to be unreliable for some reason. Then I found this website:
»earlz.net/view/2012/06/07/0026/r···he-webui

The author explains how to enable UPNP and do other secret things with the router. A bit complicated, but it worked for me.

After UPNP is enabled, just go the Slingbox GUI and it will connect with automatic setup. Fingers crossed, working perfectly so far.

Willydynmite

@sbcglobal.net

FYI- Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 user.

I accessed a telnet session with my Motorola NVG510 and followed the instructions to the letter found in the link you provided. I was able to access and connect to the modem, but upon entry into the "shell" and typing in the mgmt.upnp.enable command provided, I got notified that the "command [is] not found" over and over again. I insured the proper spelling per the website provided, to no avail.

Thus, enabling UPnP is not possible, even after rooting the NVG510 and following the instructions on the website provided. Thank you for trying to help.

~Will

billdz

join:2012-12-22
Fort Lauderdale, FL

1 edit

"upon entry into the "shell" and typing in the mgmt.upnp.enable command provided, I got notified that the "command [is] not found" over and over again."

Did you type "set" before that command? Worked for me. IIRC, the full command to type is:
set mgmt.upnp.enable on

Then type
info mgmt.upnp
to confirm that UPnP has been enabled.

After you are satisfied, type
validate
apply
save