uniqs
share rss forum feed

Camelot One
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-21
Greenwood, IN
kudos:1

Microsoft hikes Windows 8 prices, now starting at $119

I am still having trouble convincing people who recently bought Windows 7 Home machines that it might be worth $15 to upgrade to Windows 8 Pro.
But I'm sure they will be glad to pay $119 for the home version.

-headslap-

anon anon

@charter.com

said by Camelot One:

I am still having trouble convincing people who recently bought Windows 7 Home machines that it might be worth $15 to upgrade to Windows 8 Pro.

-headslap-

If they miss out on a deal then that's on them. Even for $40 it's deal. I just have both on seprate a partitions. So if I ever wanted to use Winods 7 I still can.

funny

join:2010-12-22
reply to Camelot One

said by Camelot One:

-headslap-

ROFL and your never gonna get anyone intelligent too neither , only scammers and liers will get you to up to win8
like one tech told me ( was lying ) you cant use more then 2 gb on any one application on windows 7
LIE
windows 64 bit can use as much as you have
and autodesk 3dsmax with a 500000 verticies and 900K polygona 3d model will kill 16GB ram and 4 GB virtual ram...
this is why you go ultimate and goto 64 gb ram with a mother board that you can use 8x 8 gb sticks

NOW what the hell would i need a tablet os for? NO REALLY
be stupid america be all that you cant be. the rest of us will get rich off ya !!!!

Camelot One
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-21
Greenwood, IN
kudos:1

said by funny:

said by Camelot One:

-headslap-

ROFL and your never gonna get anyone intelligent too neither , only scammers and liers will get you to up to win8
like one tech told me ( was lying ) you cant use more then 2 gb on any one application on windows 7
LIE
windows 64 bit can use as much as you have
and autodesk 3dsmax with a 500000 verticies and 900K polygona 3d model will kill 16GB ram and 4 GB virtual ram...
this is why you go ultimate and goto 64 gb ram with a mother board that you can use 8x 8 gb sticks

NOW what the hell would i need a tablet os for? NO REALLY
be stupid america be all that you cant be. the rest of us will get rich off ya !!!!

Actually, the Windows 8 desktop OS is perfectly fine as an OS. It is just the start UI, and user's opinions of it, that is killing sales.