Why Lock it ?

HarleyYac
Lee
Premium Member
join:2001-10-13
Allendale, NJ

HarleyYac

Premium Member

I was going to start a thread in a more appropriate forum .. But keep it open if you and the Mods like. I'll update you all
HarleyYac

HarleyYac to bigdaddy

Premium Member

to bigdaddy
I hope the new Actiontec firmware does not give me nightmares like it did a few days ago with my sons Xbox.
IanR
join:2001-03-22
Fort Mill, SC

IanR

I use the Prime also, but looking around there site is says one has to sign up as a "beta tester" to DL the DLNA firmware. Where does on sign up? Thanks.
buckweet1980
join:2011-12-31
Saint Petersburg, FL

buckweet1980

Any feedback you guys can give would be awesome.. I've been looking at replacing my STB with a cablecard tuner/wmc, but just can't pull the trigger.

I'm always interested in other options than STBs and would like to hear users experiences.
IanR
join:2001-03-22
Fort Mill, SC

IanR

You don't necesarilly need the DNLA firmware to achieve a similar result. The XBox works as a good extender.

HarleyYac
Lee
Premium Member
Allendale, NJ

HarleyYac to IanR

Premium Member

to IanR
Hi,
I have an email and will forward the link. It works well, but does not have a "guide".
I had many issues with the Xbox as it would "time out " and I would have to restart. The PS3 and othe DNLA devices are on the list but the PS3 works well. It is more like a file folder and each file AKA Channel is chosen.
Lee
HarleyYac

HarleyYac to buckweet1980

Premium Member

to buckweet1980
It is not difficult at all but a "front end guide" would work wonders. like the xbox.
HarleyYac

HarleyYac to IanR

Premium Member

to IanR
XBOX always gave me issues. I an trying a few new Devices and hope to get rid of more VZ boxes soon. I have the Homerun and a Tivo. and 3 VZ Boxes.

rtcy
FACTS only please
Premium Member
join:1999-10-16
Norwalk, CA

rtcy to HarleyYac

Premium Member

to HarleyYac
said by HarleyYac:

I hope the new Actiontec firmware does not give me nightmares like it did a few days ago with my sons Xbox.

Don't know if you are aware of this, posted in another thread and then I posted it at Magic Jack as I had issues with my MJ+, I keep UPNP on and the Homerun machine works great.

here is the hidden page link incase someone comes asking about Verizon Actiontec REV I and MJ+

»192.168.1.1/index.cgi?ac ··· page=900

this is for UPNP and

»192.168.1.1/index.cgi?ac ··· age=6059

this one is for IGMP some folks have issues with this setting and OTHER network apps

HarleyYac
Lee
Premium Member
Allendale, NJ

HarleyYac

Premium Member

Thx I got those. So far I am on the 3rd Beta and it is slowly improving on appliances like Blu- Ray Disc players, App/Internet Ready TVS.
I want to get rid of theses boxes.. way too expensive. I'll write a paper for Karl in the next few days when I get some free time . Seems very promising.

Anon1993
@verizon.net

Anon1993

Anon

What is this magic you're doing on your PS3? I'd like to do this too.
zippoboy7
join:2006-06-18
USA

zippoboy7 to HarleyYac

to HarleyYac
By any chance have you had issues with receiving USA-HD (550) since upgrading to the beta firmware? I upgraded and for the past week have been going back and forth trying to figure out why I am no longer subscribed to that channel even tho channel 50 works fine and it worked before upgrading the firmware.

HarleyYac
Lee
Premium Member
Allendale, NJ

HarleyYac

Premium Member

Hi,
I recieve the channel on both Channels and both folders. I have my Home run off the first splitter main Coax, the Actiontec gets the other side of the splitter.
Lee
HarleyYac

HarleyYac to Anon1993

Premium Member

to Anon1993
Silicon Home run in Beta ..Works well on PS3 .. bluray players and other players. a work in progess. Has been working on Xbox for sometine.
Lee
kes601
join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601

Harley -- any idea if this works with the Logitech Revue (Google TV box that has DLNA functionality)? I have a couple of them sitting around, would allow me to get rid of a box or two if it actually worked with them...

HarleyYac
Lee
Premium Member
Allendale, NJ

HarleyYac

Premium Member

Kes,
Its hit and miss. I will look and let you know.
Lee

rtcy
FACTS only please
Premium Member
join:1999-10-16
Norwalk, CA

rtcy to zippoboy7

Premium Member

to zippoboy7
said by zippoboy7:

By any chance have you had issues with receiving USA-HD (550) since upgrading to the beta firmware? I upgraded and for the past week have been going back and forth trying to figure out why I am no longer subscribed to that channel even tho channel 50 works fine and it worked before upgrading the firmware.

I saw where VZ most have switched or killed some of their QUAM stuff, anyways, when I installed the latest beta firmware and software, I had to go into the gui install and click on scan channels, it takes abit, but then it will find where all the channels are on now.

not sure if it's the new firmware or VZ to be fair. but re-scanning will fix the issues as for all the game boxes in the house just make sure UPNP is turned on, no majik needed.