Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

norwegian
Premium
join:2005-02-15
Outback

Nvidia update removal

I have a laptop that was just freshly loaded and found for the 540M GPU the Nvidia drivers did not allow the update tool in the installer to be excluded from being installed. This was with 267 and 310 versions.

I would like to take off the updater function to remove the added users created and to stop the daemon creating rules in the firewall for the update function. I doubt the user will ever have to update the graphics drivers so I want to remove this function altogether.

Has anyone else seen this missing option for the updater of the Nvidia package and rectified it?
--
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke

norwegian
Premium
join:2005-02-15
Outback
Ah, okay, I've found this:

»nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/···tususer/

Beginning with driver version 188.97 for Optimus notebooks, the driver creates a special Windows user account for security purposes, named UpdatusUser.1 This account is a dedicated and write-restricted user account that runs a service for updating Optimus profiles through the NVIDIA server. The service cannot be run without this account. On Optimus notebooks, this account is created regardless of whether NVIDIA Update is installed. When NVIDIA Update is installed, the additional driver update, application profile and SLI profile update capabilities become available.

No one maybe able to help on this one.
--
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke