Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

kc9sqr

join:2011-11-10
Rockford, IL
reply to thewisperer

Re: cool toy

Dry firing is an okay way to discharge the co2 cartridge, you can also unscrew it and leave it threaded and wait a few seconds for the rest of the CO2 to discharge from the cartridge... But as a general rule I've found (depending on how the gun is tuned) you SHOULD get 20-30 shots out of each 12 gram cartridge before it's empty...

I like that they made the case not fit the gun with gas in it, nice touch...

Just be careful with that thing, paintball guns can and do destroy eyeballs pretty close to instantly when used improperly... Whatever you do with it, do NOT look down the barrel when it's gassed...

I'm not saying you would, but I've ran a paintball field for a good amount of time, you wouldn't believe how many people do that. lol

I'm also going to suggest you, or anyone reading that may be interested in it, look into finding a paintball field near their area and giving it a try...

Ya never know... You might just have the most fun you've ever had

Oh... For a little extra safety with that, google "barrel plug" and put that in the end of your barrel until you're ready to load it and fire..

prairiesky

join:2008-12-08
canada
kudos:2
said by kc9sqr:

Dry firing is an okay way to discharge the co2 cartridge, you can also unscrew it and leave it threaded and wait a few seconds for the rest of the CO2 to discharge from the cartridge... But as a general rule I've found (depending on how the gun is tuned) you SHOULD get 20-30 shots out of each 12 gram cartridge before it's empty...

doesn't this ruin the O rings by freezing them?

kc9sqr

join:2011-11-10
Rockford, IL
Possibly, but unlikely... Usually after firing the gun 5-10 times or more, there usually isn't enough CO2 to last more than a 1/2 to MAYBE 1 second burst of CO2 coming out.. And even if there is a bit more than that, it usually isn't enough in a 12 gram cartridge to do damage to the cartridge piercing pin..

The seal around the piercing pin is a bit different, and a lot more durable than the usual O rings that go on the larger tanks..