uniqs
share rss forum feed

Bashlin

join:2011-06-20
Douglas, GA
Reviews:
·Windstream

3-23-2-13 for Ga??

i've been lied to so many times by people at windstream i can't even count them all..

latest deadline for this pathetic service to be repaired is 3-23-2013, i doubt it..i've cut my service down to just internet now, at least windstream is only getting half the money from me and hope the engineer from mediacom gets back to me with a price this week on running cable to my house. If under 3000.00 it's a done deal..

14 years with windstream and i'd run from this company, not the same company it was and not a company i'd recommend even to a enemy..

The cable tech said windstream is using all bandwidth for residential customers to go to bandwidth for cell towers to support the wireless carriers..thats the reason windstreams residential customers are suffering..the bandwidth didn't disappear or residential customers didn't suck it up.. they are sending it all to cell towers..lol thanks windstream..!!

Maar

join:2009-04-09
Story, AR
Reviews:
·Windstream

I spoke to a Windstream tech a few weeks ago a few towns from here and he told me the same thing. I asked him what the hold up was in the rural oversubscribed areas. He said the reason we have not seen any fixes is because all the fiber they are running is going to cell towers and not to DSL.

I transferred my business number to a mobile device and changed over to their Green Streak DSL. At least that is $100 a month that Shitstream no longer gets from me.

Slipen

join:2010-04-18
Cairo, GA
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to Bashlin

Yea, even though I was told 12-31 here and then 1-31, the local manager told me yesterday his spreadsheet said the 31st of March or April at the earliest. I seen them lay the fiber two years ago and seen the 3 new boxes installed right after it. Our connection has been crap over two years now.

Slipen

Cairo, GA
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to Bashlin

Click for full size
This was last night right after I got disconnected, everything had basically came to a stand still.

athensgator

join:2011-10-17
reply to Bashlin

I have created a FB Group. My intention is to try and get a large enough following to go to the Georgia Public Service Commission with to try and get them involved with this problem. Please join Georgia Windstream Problems @ »www.facebook.com/groups/148741221946592/

DawsonvilleG

join:2010-08-01
Dawsonville, GA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Windstream

I have spoken with them already. Everyone should be filing reports with them:

Georgia Public Service Commission
244 Washington St SW
Atlanta, GA 30334-9007
404-656-4501
800-282-5813
Fax: 404-656-2341
»psc.georgia.gov

cc: Federal Communications Commission
445 12th Street SW
Washington, DC 20554-0001
888-225-5322
--
-- DawsonvilleG

Original Post: »[Troubles] Georgia - Paying for 12mb. Getting 1.5mb..

Expand your moderator at work

DawsonvilleG

join:2010-08-01
Dawsonville, GA
kudos:1
reply to Bashlin

Re: 3-23-2-13 for Ga??

Bashlin,

I have direct communication going on with one of WindStreams execs. She was telling me end of March. Now she is telling me June.

athensgator

join:2011-10-17

Your frustrations is exactly why I want to get a group together and see what we can do to send a barrage of reports to them at once so there is not a way for them to ignore the filings. A year ago I filed a complaint but it basically didn't go anywhere, i don't think one or two coming in here and there is going to help....but if we can get a couple hundred dis-satisfied people to file all at once MAYBE they won't put us on ignore (which is what I felt like happened the first time i filed).

Expand your moderator at work

Meedlies

join:2012-12-29
reply to DawsonvilleG

Re: 3-23-2-13 for Ga??

said by DawsonvilleG:

Bashlin,

I have direct communication going on with one of WindStreams execs. She was telling me end of March. Now she is telling me June.

You must be joking? I had heard March as well and that pissed me off enough. But now June? Aaron please weigh in on this. Give it to us straight.

ACW

join:2013-01-10
reply to Maar

The green streak DSL--is that the cell phone type DSL? If so how is it working for you. I have seen the unlimited wireless for computers but wasn't sure how well it works. If it does work I might just be there right with you.

Bodybagger
Premium
join:2010-03-30
Saint Matthews, SC
Reviews:
·Windstream

GreenStreak DSL is just straight internet and no home phone. Well, you have a home phone, but outgoing calls cost. All incoming calls are free. At least this is what our GreenStreak service is for the longest time that we have had it. I haven't been able to make any outgoing calls on our phone though... so I don't know what's up with that (have cell phones though so don't really care). I think it only saves us around $10 a month not to have the phone service with the DSL.

LostInWoods

join:2004-04-14

Greenstreak is more of a savings than 10 bucks - more like 25 by my recollection. The removal of the $6.50 long distance access charge is the one gratifying thing in my bill every month.

The only thing I'll add is that toll-free numbers can also be dialed. I think - I never use my home phone as a phone. It's only plugged in at all because that's what my security company will dial if I trip the alarm - usually when cooking something a bit smokey.

Slipen

Cairo, GA
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to Slipen

Not even 7PM yet.