how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

cwvallier

join:2009-06-26
Turlock, CA

[iPad] New ipad Mini/iTunes

We bought my daughter a new ipad mini for christmas. We set it up without pluging it into itunes via USB. Just plugged it in today via the USB and itunes is wanting to set it up again as a new ipad. I can't seem to get around that step so I can manually drag music onto it. Any suggestions, or am I doing something wrong?

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
I can only suggest backing it up first to that computer, then set it up and restore everything. Make sure to use the same Apple ID as you originally used on the iPad. Can't say I experienced what happened to you, but I've always set up iDevices with the computer.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

cwvallier

join:2009-06-26
Turlock, CA
Here is the problem - as soon as I plug it in, itunes wants to either "set up as new ipad" or "restore from backup". But, I can't get past that first screen to back it up in the first place. I think I made a mistake by not plugging it into the PC and using itunes during the initial setup. My daughter has been using it since Christmas and has quite a bit of apps, pictures and music on it already. I don't really want to erase all of that and start again, but I am afraid that is what will happen if I try to get passed this screen that I am seeing when I plug it in...

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
Back up the iPad to the iCloud, if you haven't already. At least that way, you should be able to restore if you screw up.

quote:
Speaking of backup, Apple has introduced a new feature for backups, and it’s called iCloud. You can set up iCloud, so that all the data on your device is constantly synced to the cloud. Once you want to sync with a new computer, you can provide it with your iCloud ID and password, and all your data will be downloaded to that computer. It’s that simple, but as long as your device is running iOS 5.
Taken from here:

»www.howtogeek.com/104298/sync-yo···ng-data/
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein