Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

billh491

join:2001-08-09
Pomfret Center, CT
reply to aberranthian

Re: 35 Mbps package not delivering what's promised

I have seen full speeds here and I agree call MC and get them to figure it out. A quick search show it looks like you have a DOCSIS 2 modem and 35 down is I think at or above the max you can get out of 2 so you need a DOCSIS 3 modem. I purchased my own last year and have been happy with it and do not pay rental so that makes up for paying for it over time.

aberranthian

@metrocast.net

I see. That may be why. I don't know why they wouldn't inform us of that little fact but I suppose a call could possibly clear that up. I saw a post before about someone calling Metrocast before and Metrocast told them that they would send someone over to check it out but it would be at the expense of the person who called. I hope this doesn't end up being the case. I'll see if I can't get them to tell me how the specs line up against their new 35 package and see if they can send a replacement modem. (I believe we rent the modem) I purchased the router however so that's not an issue. Thanks for the suggestions. I almost always go to community forums before resorting to calling them, because in my experience, over the phone service is usually horrendous with companies. Thanks again. If I do end up figuring it out I will let you all know. Just to be certain of the cause and fix.