Over The Hills And Far Away
Premium Member
join:2000-11-14
Spring Hill, FL

John97 to David

Premium Member

to David

Re: need some ideas..

They make wall-mounted NG space heaters. That'd be your best bet. They are very common.

garys_2k
Premium Member
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

garys_2k

Premium Member

said by John97:

They make wall-mounted NG space heaters. That'd be your best bet. They are very common.

This one says it doesn't require a vent -- I'd definitely have a carbon monoxide detector in the room with me.

»www.northerntool.com/sho ··· od03QAsw

David
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL

David

Premium Member

said by garys_2k:

I'd definitely have a carbon monoxide detector in the room with me.

I have been replacing the older smoke alarms with carbon monoxide ones slowly but surely. So far I have as least one on the main floor and one in the basement. I plan on putting one on the stairs to the bedroom floor of the house.

shdesigns
Powered By Infinite Improbabilty Drive
Premium Member
join:2000-12-01
Stone Mountain, GA
(Software) pfSense
ARRIS SB6121

shdesigns to garys_2k

Premium Member

to garys_2k
said by garys_2k:

This one says it doesn't require a vent -- I'd definitely have a carbon monoxide detector in the room with me.

I have something very similar in my garage. Different brand but looks the same. Mine is 20,000BTU.

They are 98% efficient and burn clean. I have not seen any without a low O2 sensor.

The main problem with them is they fill the room with moist air. I have never seen condensation in my garage with it as the doors usually leak enough air.

I'd worry about low O2 and high CO2 levels in a closed room though.

A CO detector is a good idea. If I stir up dust, i see the flames turn orange and who knows what the results are.

garys_2k
Premium Member
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

garys_2k

Premium Member

Good points re. (possible excess) moisture and CO2 when used in a basement room with less "natural" ventilation than a garage. Even if the air's O2 and CO2 are alright, too much humidity could cause condensation and start mold issues.

Maybe run a dehumidifier at the same time? That adds some heat, too...
nocannothave
join:2006-10-14
Kennewick, WA

nocannothave to shdesigns

to shdesigns
said by shdesigns:

said by garys_2k:

I have something very similar in my garage. Different brand but looks the same. Mine is 20,000BTU.

They are 98% efficient and burn clean. I have not seen any without a low O2 sensor.

The main problem with them is they fill the room with moist air. I have never seen condensation in my garage with it as the doors usually leak enough air.

I'd worry about low O2 and high CO2 levels in a closed room though.

A CO detector is a good idea. If I stir up dust, i see the flames turn orange and who knows what the results are.

Same experience for me. Almost exactly.