Oleg
Premium
join:2003-12-08
Birmingham, AL
kudos:2

1 edit

1 recommendation

Rechargeable batteries qustion

In your opinion what do you think are good rechargeable batteries?

Crash Gordon
Drive It Like You Stole It

join:2004-06-08
Smyrna, GA
I got 2 sets of AA NiMH Duracell 1700mAh for my camera. Only ones I've ever used, but seem to do well. Had them for a year or so and they still work fine.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to Oleg
What is the use?

I have a camera and ended up putting those Energizer Lithium batteries in them...they'll last a long, long time. I have had really bad luck with rechargeable batteries, not matter the brand....Energizer, Duracell, Sanyo...
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

tcope
Premium
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT
reply to Oleg
Brand, type, size? You may want to narrow your question down a little.

Oleg
Premium
Birmingham, AL

aurgathor

join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to Oleg
It all depends on the use.

In AA/AAA there are at least:
a) rechargeable alkaline
b) NiCd
c) NiMH
d) LSD NiMH
e) NiZn
all 1.5V compatible -- to some degree
all made by numerous companies
--
Wacky Races 2012!

Oleg
Premium
Birmingham, AL

1 edit
I would be using them for a wireless mouse.

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:10
I ran the gambit with rechargeable batteries & finally went back to Lithium. Even though the rechargeables can save you money, I got tired of the hassle having them die in the middle of using a device. Even keeping backup rechargeables charged was good, but I found that they would not be at 100% when I finally went to use them.

Speaking of wireless mice: Some just eat the crap out of batteries. So that I didn't have to be concerned about what batteries to use, I searched for a mouse that maximized battery life.

I bought these 2 about 2 years ago which tout the life of a common NiCd or Lithium will last approx "18 months" & "12 Months". Well guess what; it's absolutely true.

Ref:

»www.logitech.com/en-us/product/w···0?crid=8

»www.logitech.com/en-us/product/w···5?crid=7

From Logitech's site, they tout a "3 year" battery life mouse;
»www.logitech.com/en-us/product/w···5?crid=7

With this technology, it seems useless to worry about rechargeable batteries.
--
In God we trust; all others bring data!

beck
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-29
On The Road
Reviews:
·Stablehost.com
reply to Oleg
I like Sanyo the best of the ones I have. Most name brand ones should be ok for the mouse.

I have a mouse that the battery didn't even last a day. Then I got a new one of them and wow, the battery (same ones) last almost a week. So, if you have mixed reviews on the mouse, get one with good reviews on the battery life. If the battery doesn't last more than a day, something is wrong with it, even if it works ok.
--
Damn spy drones!
They are interfering
with my sun spots.

aurgathor

Lynnwood, WA
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to Oleg
said by Oleg:

I would be using them for a wireless mouse.

NiMH or NiZn

LSD NiMH can also can also be used, but in this particular usage, it may not worth the extra money. Always keep a set or two spares on hand. The batteries won't last as long as usual alkalines, but once you get the batteries, the running cost will be very low.
--
Wacky Races 2012!

Oleg
Premium
Birmingham, AL
I just have switched to another wireless Microsoft 3500 so i do not have any good AA batteries at the moment. I am waiting for my order to come in.

Chuck22
Premium
join:2003-11-10
Salt Lake City, UT
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Oleg
Just remember that if the mouse expects alkaline cells, they are 1.5 volts; where the rechargable are 1.2 volts. The mouse may not appreciate the lower voltage and/or the cells will not work as long since the voltage reduces even further during use.
--
amicitia sine fraude

aurgathor

Lynnwood, WA
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
I happen to have several MS wireless mice at work, and the last time I saw a low battery warning on one (last week), the batteries were under 0.9V, so the MS mice should work just fine with 1.2V rechargeables. (I put NiZn in one mouse)
--
Wacky Races 2012!

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
Happy Valley
reply to Oleg
The 3500 touts only 8 months of battery life. Does Microsoft make any mouse that doesn't suck the life out of batteries?

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
Happy Valley
reply to beck
said by beck:

I have a mouse that the battery didn't even last a day. Then I got a new one of them and wow, the battery (same ones) last almost a week.

Wow; I'm sorry but lasting 1 week is absolutely ridiculous.

Chuck22
Premium
join:2003-11-10
Salt Lake City, UT
kudos:5
reply to Johkal
I don't know about the M$ mouse, but my LogitechM510 wireless mouse has been on the same AA cells for just about a year now (and is used every day). YMMV.
--
amicitia sine fraude

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
Happy Valley
Yep; love Logitech!

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium
join:2008-01-24
Toronto, ON
reply to Oleg
The Eneloops are a good choice.

As far as eating batteries you get what you pay for (or don't) when buying mice and keyboards in this regard. Cheapo no-name units are likely to eat batteries while the higher-end Logitech will last many weeks or even months depending on usage.

Madness
Like a flea circus at a dog show

join:2000-01-05
Quincy, MA
reply to Chuck22
I've got an Logitech M570 trackball. The original alkaline battery had lasted well over a year. After that, I put in a Sunbeam carbon-zinc AA from Dollar Tree (on-hand @ the time). It's been running about 2 months, now. Setpoint claims it has about 453 days left!
--
Life is like a klutz in a nitro plant: one wrong slip & it's all over!

Oleg
Premium
Birmingham, AL
What brand name of the batteries are they form the dollar store that you have gotten?

BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium
join:2000-01-13
kudos:3
reply to Oleg
You've had this discussion before with wireless mice, and some rechargeable mice eat batteries based on how heavily they are used, along with the quality/technology of the device.

Rechargables have a lower voltage than alkaline, or lithium so they are commonly reported as low, even devices stop operating at these voltages.

If the computer is right in front of you why buy wireless at all?
--
I distrust those people who know so well what god wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires- Susan B. Anthony
Yesterday we obeyed kings, and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to the truth- Kahlil G.

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium
join:2008-01-24
Toronto, ON
said by BlitzenZeus:

If the computer is right in front of you why buy wireless at all?

I'm spoiled by wireless, I find it sucks when I have to plug in my mouse to recharge it. Movement is more unrestricted without a cable. The effects of the cord can be minimized by making sure there is a nice loop of slack or whatever but it's a pain and never quite as good.

Oh well at least the new logitech rechargeables simply turn into corded mice while they charge. The old ones had docks so I had to dock it and dust off some old corded unit if it died in the middle of something.

chip89
Premium
join:2012-07-05
Independence, OH
reply to Oleg
Me I use Energizers The ones that came with the charger still work and it's five years old now.

JustBurnt

@rr.com
reply to beck
said by beck:

I have a mouse that the battery didn't even last a day. Then I got a new one of them and wow, the battery (same ones) last almost a week. So, if you have mixed reviews on the mouse, get one with good reviews on the battery life. If the battery doesn't last more than a day, something is wrong with it, even if it works ok.

A DAY? a WEEK? And I was thinking a month was crazy short.

cybersaga

join:2011-12-19
Welland, ON
reply to Oleg
Try MonoPrice.

I haven't been able to find a better price for rechargeable (NiMH) batteries anywhere else.

You can never have too many.

Oleg
Premium
Birmingham, AL
I was not aware MonoPrice also sells batteries. I know mainly they are selling cables. I have recommend MonoPrice to my friend, and he was amazed how low the prices are on the cables, but I were not able to find USB 3.0 "6 ft Male Type A to Micro B Cable.

Best ones

@charter.com
reply to Oleg
Duracells and you can find them cheap on Ebay!

Oleg
Premium
Birmingham, AL

2 edits
reply to beck
Well Sanyo brand only has lasted me for 1 month in my Microsoft 3500 mouse.

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
Happy Valley
It matters little because the Microsoft 3500 is a battery hog.

Oleg
Premium
Birmingham, AL
But they should last 6 month. Looks like i have a defective mouse